Super Easy Way to change your PSP Background..

Vanquiz

Reaction score
Credit to Vampire and Dr.Eggman that create the PSPersonalize, and .blade from ps3lounge for repacking the eboot files..

Special credit for PSP-DEV, many many thanks for the KXploit 1.5, making changing PSPBackground is a snap...

OK, here's how to change your background with only ONE memory stick...

1. Download the Repacked PSPersonalize HERE

2. Put both folders ( PSPERS and PSPERS% ) under PSP -- GAME -- Put both folders here...

3. Put the renamed bitmap images on the root folder, must be in the same level as PSP folder, also MP_ROOT folder... Rename them to 01, 02,..., 10, 11, 12

4. From PSP main menu, browse to GAME -- Memory Stick -- Choose PSpersonalize....

5. After the program runs, the promp come up, keep pressing O to confirm changing background

6. After finished , press HOME to exit the program...

7. VOILA, turned off by pressing the Power button for few seconds, and turn it on again...

8. Enjoy...

For starter, download my collection of themes that I've collected from the net from the link below, for themes, no need to rename them, you only need to rename the backgrounds from OTHERS folder, also included original themes if you want to switch it back to the original background...

Credit to whoever made and resized them, thanks for the creations...

PSP Backgrounds

EDIT : Sorry, I'm not sure if this on the right section, Admin or Mod, feel free to move it anywhere, or delete it if it's been posted somewhere.....

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
i'll put it in the tutorial section for you :)

might try it out later.

Vanquiz

Reaction score
Mark said:
no i don't think it does.
Mark's right, it's only for 1.5...... You might have to wait a a little bit for 1.51 or 1.52.....

craigle

Recruit
Reaction score
followed all the instructions and still no luck

I have a 1.50 PSP

The message it comes up with is

The game could not be started
(80010002)

Help please!

Vanquiz

Reaction score
OK, so both folder of PSPERS and PSPERS% are there right?

PSP -- GAME -- PSPERS and PSPERS%

When you go to the PSP Menu, Games , Memory Stick, You should see 2 destination, one is The PSPersonalize, one is corrupted data...

Make sure both of these are there...

Also, check the PSPERS and PSPERS% folder, they each have their own eboot.pbp...

Let me know....

craigle

Recruit
Reaction score
RESULT!

Im such a dumb ass

Some how there was only 1 folder in the GAME folder.

Thanx again for your help and for making this tutorial!

tansh

Recruit
Reaction score
Good day to everyone here :) Im new and hv a few question above this custom background.

Can this be done on psp japen set with ver 1.50?

After complete the installation do i need to insect the same memory stick or dont need to get the background work?

Whats the picture format for the psp custom background to fill up the psp screen eg. size,bitmap and resolution?

Can i replace another background pic if i want to chg?

Sorry for asking so much question :eek:

Vanquiz

Reaction score
Yes, it can be done with any version PSP with firmware 1.5...

It's only use one and only memory stick....

It's 24 bitmap image under 150 KB 300 x 170

Yes, you can change it to any background you want, try the background package I have above for a starter...

Gamestar

Recruit
Reaction score
I got a question. I only see the Psp Personalize data. i don't see a curropted data. also. when i click on it and replace my memory car, it loads and on top it says 01.Bmp is not a bmp. What does that mean, it says that for all. Here's some of the files i used.
http://img290.echo.cx/img290/7464/02bmp0ui.png
I used adobe photoshop. I think it's v8. Help. I really need it.

tansh

Recruit
Reaction score
Vanquiz said:
Yes, it can be done with any version PSP with firmware 1.5...

It's only use one and only memory stick....

It's 24 bitmap image under 150 KB 300 x 170

Yes, you can change it to any background you want, try the background package I have above for a starter...
Thks for the reply but still not clear how custom background work in psp.After complete the installation are all pic install on psp flash rom or memory stick?if store on memory stick thats mean hv to insect the stick everytime when on the psp or still work without memory stick?

Vanquiz

Reaction score
tansh said:
Thks for the reply but still not clear how custom background work in psp.After complete the installation are all pic install on psp flash rom or memory stick?if store on memory stick thats mean hv to insect the stick everytime when on the psp or still work without memory stick?
Once you flash them to PSP, it will stay there, yuo wont need to keep the program, the images, nor the memory stick.....

tansh

Recruit
Reaction score
Vanquiz said:
Once you flash them to PSP, it will stay there, yuo wont need to keep the program, the images, nor the memory stick.....
Thks again bro.Btw in future if i want to chg background i hv to rerun the PSPersonalize program again to replace with new background?

darthvader

Reaction score
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I have done everything this page said to do. But I still cant get the background to change. I have a 1.50 psp. can any one give it to me step by step. I have the programg to do it (do you have to change all the month for the backgroung to change?)

SolarMan

Recruit
Reaction score
i cant download it!

ok right now im trying to download the program for the one memorystick and all it gives me is a page that discribes the program and another that say if download does not start in 5 secs click here i just cant download it. :mad:

Vanquiz

Reaction score
tansh said:
Thks again bro.Btw in future if i want to chg background i hv to rerun the PSPersonalize program again to replace with new background?
Yes, just re-run the PSPersonalize with different bitmap images on your memory stick root folder...

As for darthvader and solarman, I really dont know how to help you, please describe more about your problem....

SolarMan

Recruit
Reaction score
soooo close

ok this is not for the wallpaper but i downloaded a calculator and tetris for my psp

they wont play it says the game could not be started(80020001)

do i need to get rid of the reed me? :confused: