Super Bowl XLIX

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thought it was a great ending to a great game. The Dynasty continues.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was a season ticket holder for 8 years or so. Just got too expensive with house, Wife and 3 kids. All during this run. I lived through those 2-14 years before from 1966 until 2000. I don't see the Krafts letting that happen. I was thinking between 6-10 and 10-6 something average. Jump on the wagon for next year still have some room.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was a season ticket holder for 8 years or so. Just got too expensive with house, Wife and 3 kids. All during this run. I lived through those 2-14 years before from 1966 until 2000. I don't see the Krafts letting that happen. I was thinking between 6-10 and 10-6 something average. Jump on the wagon for next year still have some room.
Get some rep love for this one. Fair enough - you are a true believer and just not a part timer. Well played on the invite. Sorry, I will have to decline - college guy and don't give a rat's ass about pro ball. Got to the point where you never had teams that you could actually recognize year over year like when I was growing up in the 70's. Always knew who played for the Steelers, Cowboys and Raiders.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ok for all of the people with an opinion on Pete the Cheat's completely bunging the call at the goal line...
1) Lynch was 1 of 5 on tries from the 1 yd line this year. Not good but NE was the NFL's worst in power situations (runs on 3rd/4th & <2, or w/i 2 yds of goal) allowing a score 81% of the time.
2) I thought they should've faked to Lynch, who everybody was keying on, and then Wilson prob scores untouched.
3) Or a fade would've been a better pass. With the WRs height advantage over everyone except Browner who's 6'4".
4) After Lynch ran it down to the 1 the clock ran down and SEA called a TO. Conspiracy theorists think that Goodell called Pete and told him not to give the ball to Lynch. Up to that point Lynch already had a TD. A 2nd TD, the GW TD at that, would've certainly made him the MVP. Do you think he'd want the crotch grabbing, no interview giving Lynch to accept the MVP? So that would explain the pass.
5) But I thought it might be something different and only one other person I've heard agrees with me and that would be Skip Bayless. The reason I think Pete threw the ball was because he was going to show America that his new golden boy, Russell Wilson, was better than Tom Freakin Brady and he was going to win the game and prob the MVP. It was Pete's ego that cost SEA the game. And btw SEA ran a pick play on the int and there was no flag like there was earlier on NE for doing the same exact thing.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Goodell thing is the craziest thing I have ever heard (and its been in more places than just your post, Psycho) I bet dollars to donuts Chris Matthews would have been MVP - not the Beast - but the whole thing is just nuts.

I know the stats about Lynch form the 1 - but you can't compare a third quarter situation in a November football game to the last minute of teh Super Bowl. The guy has been carrying defenders around for weeks - and on first down he came a half yard away form scoring. You line up - give it to him and punch them in the gut. if they somehow keep him out, you call timeout and throw on third down, then even if that doesn't work - you still have a shot on fourth down. But a slant on 2nd down makes no sense at all - and they paid for it.

I do agree that a read option or a fake to Lynch makes some sense and SEA probably scores on either of those plays. But that goes to your last point, Psycho - one I fully agree with: Carroll thinks he is smarter than everyone else and it caught up with him big time in this situation. And it will follow him for the rest of his career.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The Goodell thing is the craziest thing I have ever heard (and its been in more places than just your post, Psycho) I bet dollars to donuts Chris Matthews would have been MVP - not the Beast - but the whole thing is just nuts.
Conspiracy nuts are just plain fukin nuts. I think Beast would've won if he scored the final TD. Hell the announcers probably didn't even know who Matthews was even after the SB.

I know the stats about Lynch form the 1 - but you can't compare a third quarter situation in a November football game to the last minute of teh Super Bowl. The guy has been carrying defenders around for weeks - and on first down he came a half yard away form scoring. You line up - give it to him and punch them in the gut. if they somehow keep him out, you call timeout and throw on third down, then even if that doesn't work - you still have a shot on fourth down. But a slant on 2nd down makes no sense at all - and they paid for it.
I'm just giving the stats for him but I also said how bad the Pats were at stopping that. And Pete the Cheat is saying they're going to use as much clock as possible BUT wouldn't that involve running the ball?

I do agree that a read option or a fake to Lynch makes some sense and SEA probably scores on either of those plays. But that goes to your last point, Psycho - one I fully agree with: Carroll thinks he is smarter than everyone else and it caught up with him big time in this situation. And it will follow him for the rest of his career.
Yes he does and I think he wanted to prove that RW is better than Tom Fukin Brady! And so he said Watch this! OMG What the hell? An INT?!?!

They've shown clips of fans in SEA & NE on the Kearse catch and the final play. NE fans are so depressed cuz they're like "Again? Why does this keep happening to us?" And SEA fans are screaming! Then they're chanting "Beastmode! Beastmode!" and he throws the pick and they're groaning or hollering "Noooooooooooooooooo!" NE fans start screaming and laughing and one guy says "They just showed Dick Sherman's reaction to the int! OMG this is so funny!"

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was not the play that anyone would call knowing the result. That is all there is to it. Had the pass been complete Carroll would be being called a genius. Had it been incomplete they would have praised his 'guts' for making that call. It was intercepted. It happens all throughout the season.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A good PATRIOT win....

OR,

A bad Seahawk loss....

Either way,

Great football game to end the season. This Super Bowl had more viewers than in any past Superbowl, but the commercials seemed to s*ck on this one....

Glad I missed the half-time show and enjoyed the entire game....

GO PATRIOTS.