( Super Bowl ) Sunday of the Dead

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Neither of us were real ( American, or soccer) football fans and we never watched the Super Bowl. Instead we played Sunday of the Dead giving it the prefix Super Bowl. I can't remember when this first started and so far have only found two references to it in my notebooks.

The first was from December 31st, 1983 and was a playtest for Mac, obviously using Squad Leader rules.The notes for this playing are minimal and it was not referred to as Super Bowl Sunday of the Dead.

The second reference is from January 22nd, 1989 and is referred to as ( Super Bowl ) Sunday of the Dead. This was marked as a playtest and of course would have been ASL.

German = Darryl
British = Fish
Setup begins 1504 hours
Play begins 1627 hours
Play ends turn 4A, 2217 hours
Fish wins
An AAR note reads " hard to say on balance we f*cked up ".

Not sure what we did to f it up. These things happen!😔

Hopefully some of you out there will revive our tradition and play this scenario, maybe even on Super Bowl Sunday, 😉

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Lol! We tried to be a little quicker than that!😉
I used the same format as in the Today in ASL History thread but this was unusual in having a starting time for beginning setup. Very rarely noted in my recording of scenarios. Possibly because it was a playtest. Not sure why I didn't record it on a regular basis. 🤔

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Initially I read it as "it took 1504 hours to:giggle::giggle:set-up"! o_O
Checked out the scenario in the Archives, fairly large but not gigantic. Does explain the almost one and a half hour setup time. Unless I read it incorrectly the Archive had it listed as 23 plus hours to play! Only one playing in the archive though. 🤔