Sunken Rooads ~~~ take me hoome, to the place ~~~ where I Beloonnngg!

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Useful thread though.

Good to revisit Depressions every now and then.

To expand upon what JRV has already said, there may be another way to look at this.

With the exception of a Sewer (EX: hex 8aG20) or cave entrance, there are two basic ways for a unit IN a Depression hex to exit. One is across a Depression hexside, which in 41W7 case also happens to be a road hexside.

The other way to exit is across a non-Depression hexside. Given that a unit IN a Depression hex is one level lower than the other terrain in the hex, the unit must ascend a level before it can exit across a non-Depression hexside and subsequently enter another hex. For this reason, I don't think that the higher, non-Depression terrain depiction needs to extend along a non-Depression hexside.

If I've got this sussed, then I think that a unit moving from W7 to V6 would be vulnerable to a snap shot traced to the ground/first levels of the V6-W7 hexside.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As the 'opponent' in this I will confirm I got 'smeared' on this by "Floating Petals drifting through Time"....AGAIN!

Seriously speaking, anyone who plays "Zuzu Petals" knows he is a stand up guy and I actually argued for the 2MF cost. Hopefully all of you can one day have the experience of playing him.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks (I think) .. it's a pleasure to have a regular Sat session with you mate.

(Zuzu Petals?) .. :). FYI by 落花如雨 (Petals dropping like rain) I was referring to a place 雨花台 in Nanjing where they "put to rest" the IJA officers responsible for the Nanjing massacre and for the invasion of Hong Kong .. and among other things, buried my grandma and my aunt under a rubbled building.