"Summer War" Large scale scenario

kertser

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llIsrael
Since I'm new to the scenario building procedures in TacOps, I will be happy to hear some advices/Tips from experienced players.
I'm trying to build a large scale scenario (very specific) based on the idea I've been spoken before - "Break through enemy lines".

I have built a map and a couple of overlays. Now I'm in the process of building suitable OOB for both sides.
- Can you please take a look on it to tell me what should I change/improve?
- Can I let the player decide where should he place his forces? (like in solitaire scenarios)
Download map & description package

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can you upload the file here? Top of the webpage is a link for downloads. Or you can make the .bmp file a jpeg file which greatly shrinks it and just add the image to a post. I can't open the file you linked to.

kertser

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llIsrael
Yes, here is a map+overlay picture (Blue player). Just for an example.
Map+Overlay
I don't know why is it impossible to download the whole package. The file mentioned above, is hosted on a free file hosting - you have to click on it and download the file, whenever it is prompted..

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lots of fields it seems. Have you seen the ground? I'm curioius how you plan to code the terrain to get the proper feel for the terrain and how long the views are.

kertser

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llIsrael
Actually I have allready coded the terrain and move costs.
I haven't seen this specific area, but I have seen a very similar part of defense structure, and I know very well how should it look like.
This area is very flat, except for the western heights, escarps and "defense hills" (part of the entire defense structure)

Last edited: