Suicide Creek Central....

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hm. I was not aware of this. Could you provide a rules reference?
That "yes" is meant for the "can a SW set up unpossesed" question. Is that the thing of which you were unaware? The rules reference is just that the RG can set up, and that SW need not be possessed.

The other question, do SW have to set up with the owning RG, is more complicated. After entry/setup, the answer is, "no;" there is no "ownership" of SW. I said I believed that by Q&A from other CGs indicate that the SW of a RG must set up/enter initially with their own RG. It turns out that in SC, RG5 has, "Equipment of a just purchased RG must initially be possessed by a unit of that RG," so in SC the answer is clear, and technically the SW cannot set up unpossessed initially. There probably isn't a good reason to enforce the requirement to set up possessed in that last case, but it's there.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That "yes" is meant for the "can a SW set up unpossesed" question. Is that the thing of which you were unaware? The rules reference is just that the RG can set up, and that SW need not be possessed.
My question was referring to the "can a SW set up unpossessed" part. Does that only apply to Suicide Creed or ASL in general?

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
My question was referring to the "can a SW set up unpossessed" part. Does that only apply to Suicide Creed or ASL in general?
It applies to ASL in general. In SC there is an EXC: a newly-arriving weapon must set up possessed, and possessed by a member of its original RG. ASLSK also requires that SW set up possessed (4.0).

JR

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
What is the Depth (B 20.4) of the stream in SC?

I cannot find it in Z and according to B 20.4 if undefined by SSR a stream is considered to be shallow. So, the entry costs for Infantry would be 3 MF (see B 20.42).

Infantry enter a stream-JD at a cost of 5 MF (see Z SC 3.3). Because entering a non-stream JD cost 3 MF (see Z SC 2.4), I don't understand why the entry costs of a stream-JD are 5 MF, when the stream has a shallow depth. Shouldn't it cost 3 (JD) + 3 (Shallow stream) = 6 MF then?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Rule SC3.3 defines the Infantry entry cost as 5 MF. I.e., it's not stream entry cost + JD entry cost.

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks. So, am I right that the depth of the stream is shallow? This was the main question.

Last edited:

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SC1.4 says Infantry in suitable terrain my set up entrenched.

Does this include Dummy stacks?

Thinking not since definition of Infantry says "all SMC and MMC counters on foot"...but want to make sure.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

I would assume so.

Even though there are some rules that spell it out "Infantry-(including dummies)" - there are many, many that don't and that clearly means it applies to Dummy stacks as well....

But I guess a Q&A for this one might be in order...

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would assume so - even though there are some rules that spell it out "Infantry-(including dummies)" - there are many, many that don't and that clearly means it applies to Dummy stacks as well....
I like your interpretation better than mine...LOL

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thinking not since definition of Infantry says "all SMC and MMC counters on foot"...but want to make sure.
As you say, the definition of Infantry does not include dummies, so no.

el sieve

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry if this has been asked before - in CG1, six Japanese squad equivalents may set up north of the stream - am I reading it right that no leaders or SW or FPP may set up with them? Thanks.