Sugarloaf Hill Playtesting Underway!!!

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Always respected you Marines. So good to hear from you again Jon!

thanks everyone. life has been challenging this past bit. As a good Marine, i'll improvise adapt and overcome.

:)

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Jon, best of luck on your recovery! Please know that there are a lot of us out here who are thinking about you and praying for your recovery.

Mark

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
I hope that this message finds you well. Just checking in to see that you are doing better these days!

phlegm027

Reaction score
Just saw this today. Nice to see some play on Sugar Loaf map. I hope you are having fun and enjoying it, as that was my primary focus when it comes to ASL and Bitterest Day.

I think I first started tinkering with a map and roughed out rules starting back in 2006. As Tooz related, I did intend this to be a primer on caves without a lot of additional complexities. A version was sent in to MMP back in late 2015, and did some revisions in 2018 when I had a bit of free time. Unfortunately, the past few years have seen very little time for ASL by myself.

I want to say thanks to those who provided advice and input along the way.

Anyways, the battle for Sugar Loaf Hill, Half Moon Hill, and The Horseshoe vicinity always intrigued me after reading Hallas' book. The amount of carnage in that small area was very high.

If anyone else is interested in giving it a go for fun on VASL or just to peruse, please feel free to PM me and I'll email the materials when I can.
I’ be interested in giving it another go.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope that this message finds you well. Just checking in to see that you are doing better these days!
Thanks everyone again for the well wishes. It has been a hectic year so far for me. Things are stabilized now and the future looks better than the past.

I am getting in a small amount of ASL play again now, but only just. Not a ton of time on my hands overall. At least I got in a few scenarios so far this year. Way less than most did with the stay home-ishness of the world events, I am sure, but a few I did, and that is nice.

I am far from being ready to tackle full on PTO and caves again, I need a lot of warm up to prepare for that. But it will come along, and still be enjoyable.

Chad did a lovely job with this module. (cVan). I would love to see it in maybe the reprint of Rising Sun if anyone could talk MMP into getting it there, It belongs published, Chad.

Regards and Keep Rolling Low!
Jon H

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thanks everyone again for the well wishes. It has been a hectic year so far for me. Things are stabilized now and the future looks better than the past.

I am getting in a small amount of ASL play again now, but only just. Not a ton of time on my hands overall. At least I got in a few scenarios so far this year. Way less than most did with the stay home-ishness of the world events, I am sure, but a few I did, and that is nice.

I am far from being ready to tackle full on PTO and caves again, I need a lot of warm up to prepare for that. But it will come along, and still be enjoyable.

Chad did a lovely job with this module. (cVan). I would love to see it in maybe the reprint of Rising Sun if anyone could talk MMP into getting it there, It belongs published, Chad.

Regards and Keep Rolling Low!
Jon H
Nice to see you on the forum again!

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Better check your weather. Memory is a bit fuzzy, but doesn't rain negate SMOKE rounds?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree with Carl, looks like the Marines better bring their SMOKE rounds, brutal terrain to cross, Vic.
Try playing as the Japanese and crossing all of that ground. They virtually have no smoke. I didn't even get close. :)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Better check your weather. Memory is a bit fuzzy, but doesn't rain negate SMOKE rounds?
You are correct. E 3.51, only Smoke from a Blaze or entirely inside a building. You must be taking Prevagin, memory seems good to me.?

phlegm027

Reaction score
You can also fire smoke into Caves I believe. Also there were scenarios where the Marines got use Smoke.

This module was a blast to play. Glad to see it getting published.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You can also fire smoke into Caves I believe. Also there were scenarios where the Marines got use Smoke.

This module was a blast to play. Glad to see it getting published.
Could you please explain about the Marines using Smoke? Are you saying they can use it when Weather is Rain? Just curious. Thanks.