Sugarloaf Hill Playtesting Underway!!!

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
NA to WP CH though - per Q&A:

A24.31 & C11.4
C11.4 ends with “A CH automatically destroys both the Gun and its manning Infantry.” and A24.31 defines CH possibilities for
WP OBA, Ordnance and grenades. Can a WP CH destroy a gun per C11.4 from OBA? Ordnance? Infantry Grenades? Or does the
earlier part of C11.4 which requires an IFT roll preclude any form of CH w/WP from automatically destroying a gun?
A. WP cannot destroy a Gun.

Okay, so with WP, the gun survives. What about the manning infantry ?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Probably with a +2 DRM for being emplaced? (or perhaps for the Gunshield?)
If it was emplaced/entrenched, on a CH the TEM would be reversed, so +2 as you say unless OBA against entrenched (or something different if in a Cave). A gunshield is not a modifier that applies to the WP NMC, either normally or on a CH.

JR

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Thick as Flies Playtest. So, the Marines and the IJA both start on Sugar Loaf, at bad breath distance, and both side get reinforcements. This depicts a night counter attack by the Japanese. The scenario is, "Night Lite" with IR shells that drift over the battlefield, and an LV hindrance that depicts the glow and gloom on the rest of the Okinawan countryside.

Our playing saw a lot of IJA go berserk, which was good for them sometimes and not so good on other occasions. Half the Marine OB on the hill was wiped out early, but the others, a 9-2, hero, MMG, and 2 squads avenged them and then some. This went down to the last turn, with the US holding most of the hill. Good, bloody scenario.

If night scare you off, this is a good place to dip your toe into the darkness.

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
This looks awesome. Great map. Any idea when this is targeted to be released? Besides "next Monday" : )

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
Any update on this module? How is the play testing coming along?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any update on this module? How is the play testing coming along?
Sorry for the long time off gamesquad. I have been recovering from cancer treatment and surgery since october 29th. It is serious, but not as serious as they thought it was before the surgery.

That has limited my available time tremendously, to the detriment of my esteemed opponents in this endeavor.

I am slowly recovering, a bad fall 2 days before Christmas did not help any, with a pair of fractures to go with it.

Humpty dumpty i am, i guess.

As time recovers, i do plan on continuing on. I do have some other pressing matters, including a trip to the UK in the fall thisyear for about 3 or 4 months, then back to the US. That one i cannot put off too long, its career related.

Regards and keep rolling low. If all goes well, perhaps you might see us playing this at a tourney in 2021, aaron cleavin got us some nice maps that print at any print store for ftf play. Good stuff, that.

Jo H

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Sorry for the long time off gamesquad. I have been recovering from cancer treatment and surgery since october 29th. It is serious, but not as serious as they thought it was before the surgery.

That has limited my available time tremendously, to the detriment of my esteemed opponents in this endeavor.

I am slowly recovering, a bad fall 2 days before Christmas did not help any, with a pair of fractures to go with it.

Humpty dumpty i am, i guess.

As time recovers, i do plan on continuing on. I do have some other pressing matters, including a trip to the UK in the fall thisyear for about 3 or 4 months, then back to the US. That one i cannot put off too long, its career related.

Regards and keep rolling low. If all goes well, perhaps you might see us playing this at a tourney in 2021, aaron cleavin got us some nice maps that print at any print store for ftf play. Good stuff, that.

Jo H
Best wishes, and get well soon!

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
So sorry to hear about your health challenges. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care of yourself.

Thanks for taking time to reply to my query. I look forward to seeing it and you at some tournaments in 2021!

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery Jon.