Sugarloaf Hill Playtesting Underway!!!

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Every time this thread comes up I wish Witchtitties was still here among us.

Mike205

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep, BFP picked this up. Going through verification playtesting now. Uncovering some issues that will make what we received as a good product even better. I've got everything else generated for it. Hoping for a 2023 release.
That’s awesome! Congrats, I’m looking forward to picking this up!!

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Euan and I resumed after a bit of a break (he got Covid). We have now completed 6 full turns.

The marine presence on Sugar Loaf Hill looks like it is there to stay, so the Japanese look to be focusing on minimizing the marine presence on Half Moon Hill. 5 more caves will need to be destroyed for the marines to achieve victory.

Bloody cool game !!!!!

John.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Euan and I finished our scenario of BD-006 "Bitterest Day" today. Overall, turn 6 was a good one for the USMC, thanks largely to 2 well placed WP grenades and an M4A1 Sherman which tore away some wire in AA16, which really opened up the gate for my marines. After 2 more caves got eliminated in the AFPh (4 of the needed 7 destroyed), the writing was on the wall for the Japanese, and Euan understandably called it quits for the Japanese.

Overall losses for the USMC were 2 FT AFVs, an 81mm mortar, 2 leaders, and 7 squad-equivalents. Overall losses for the Japanese were 4 caves, 2 ATGs, 1 leader, and 6.5 squad-equivalents (including 6 crews).

It was a ton of fun to do this scenario. We will now do the CG. Euan will play the USMC, and I will play the Japanese.

(I wanted to provide a picture to view, but unfortunately, I am (not for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time) having issues uploading a 4.7 MB file on this site. I have no such problems on other sites, so you can use this link to BFP's FB site : https://www.facebook.com/groups/boundingfire )

John.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Euan and I got the "Bitterest Day" CG going this afternoon. Moving into the great wide open is complex (for both of us - I have to constantly figure out what the Marines can/cannot see). It's been a bunch of skirmish infantry moves thus far, a HS at a time........

25719'

John.

(Hurray, the map actually loaded !!!)

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Euan and I finished the first turn of 13 May. The first few moves took a while for both of us to absorb, but after that, it got a a lot easier. I thought doing the Japanese moves was going to be fiddley, but really it is simply a case of doing one Cave Complex at a time. Most of the green mass that is the 6th Marine Div is now on the map.....

John.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Euan and I got another turn done of the 13 May CG date in the "Bitterest Day" CG. Americans got a ton of WP into play and moved their green masses forward. Nonetheless, the Japanese removed a few half-squads. The Marines have lost 6 half-squads so far....

John.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Euan and I finished the first day (5/13) of "Sugar Loaf" (The Bitterest Day CG, still in PT). It's a complex CG to figure out, but a fun experience to play. USMC losses were 5 squads, and a M4A3(75W), and they also used 13 DCs !!! Japanese losses were 3 squads and 5 caves (they also lost 2 HMGs, which is significant). The USMC have 2 setup areas, which should be linked by the end of the next date.