Subsequent first fire

wiretwister63

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Mph df I am still unclear on subsequent fire.

Example a unit fires once marked with first fire marker. The unit fired at is unaffected and moves another hex. Can the first fire then subsequent fire at 1/2 fp at this unit again making it makred with a Final fire marker. Can I subsequent fire this unit at another unit beside the one initialy targeted?

I realize the restriction of only if another unit is not closer.

Ex first fire unit can shoot at the same moving unit only if no other unit is closer to the firing unit. Then I can fire again only if that closer unit moves?

DJ

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
wiretwister63 said:
In the Mph df I am still unclear on subsequent fire.

Example a unit fires once marked with first fire marker. The unit fired at is unaffected and moves another hex. Can the first fire then subsequent fire at 1/2 fp at this unit again making it makred with a Final fire marker. Can I subsequent fire this unit at another unit beside the one initialy targeted?

I realize the restriction of only if another unit is not closer.
Yes, as long as the target is within the Normal Range of the firer; SFF may not happen at Long Range.

wiretwister63 said:
Ex first fire unit can shoot at the same moving unit only if no other unit is closer to the firing unit. Then I can fire again only if that closer unit moves?

DJ
Yes, or if an entirely different unit moves as close or closer.

Also, remember that you may always Final Fire at an ADJACENT unit in the Defensive Fire Phase if the firing unit is still capable of Final Fire.