Stupid Question Time ...

G.L.O.A.T.

Shut up and Play
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which Module had the Gernan SMC counters with the red name text? My memor sa it was Festung Budapest, but can’t remember for sure.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Which Module had the Gernan SMC counters with the red name text? My memor sa it was Festung Budapest, but can’t remember for sure.
Probably Operation Veritable/Riley's Road. The units with red ids are from Panzer Lehr [RR2.3 CG5]. They are (generally) removed at the end of each CG date.

Festung Budapest had units with special insignia, but I believe all the rules for those units with insignia were removed.

JR

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Decision at Elst also has some units with Red IDs.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I think Decision at Elst also has some units with Red IDs.
I don't believe so. I don't see any indication of that in the rules, and the images on boardgamegeek don't show any either.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
"Festung Budapest" has German squad/HS with red ID letters representing Kampfgruppe Europa units.
You are correct. I just remembered the insignia, but there are units with red ids as well, per footnote 31.

JR

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's funny - I pulled the counters out for my latest game (Currie's Favor) and decided I'd grab a countersheet and pop/clip/store them as an attempt to thin out the pile of counters awaiting their permanent storage. The sheet I pulled randomly was Operation Veritable's Brit/German sheet, and I noticed the red text. Not sure if it has a purpose in Op V. but they're now living, slightly uncomfortably with the standard black text guys.

Not sure what to make of them really, but they came out cleanly, clipped well and one of them even survived the scenario so I have no complaints!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Not sure if it has a purpose in Op V. but they're now living, slightly uncomfortably with the standard black text guys.
The units from Panzer Lehr were used to counterattack the British but were not kept in the front line after the counterattack (cg date). When you purchase Panzer Lehr units you use the red ids. At the end of the date they are retained offboard and must enter again in future dates.

JR