Stupid Dog

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stupid Dog (new scenarios available)

On this past November 9th I was bit while walking my route. It's not bad, inside of left knee. Doctor says it's the second best place to be bit (back of the calf is number one, in his opinion.)

I've been off work since then with a 95% sitting restriction. Yes that means only up 3 minutes every hour! AHHHHHH!

Well, I got bored quickly and started tinkering. I finished up 19 maps for FIW that I had been toying with over the past two years, made an oob covering forces that could have operated in the Ohio country in 1754, and created eight new scenarios. I hope to make more.

The whole thing is in a zip file at GameSquad: http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2271

I call it the 1MPH kit. Most of the scenarios are 12 turns (1 hour) and the maps are 42 hexes x 42 hexes (1 square mile), hence the name.

All eight scenarios are FICTITIOUS, some are based on historical events. I probably will make the historical battles from this set that falls in the timeline, and may even make a new campaign for 1754. Time will tell.

There are 19 new maps that cover: The fort at Wills Creek, The Great Meadow, Fort Necessity, Jumonville's Glen, The Gist Plantation, The Redstone Trading Post, Fraser's Trading Post, Braddock's Field, The forks of the Ohio, Fort Prince George, Fort Duquesne, Logstown, Shinnopin's Town, Kittanning, Fort Machault/Venango, Fort Boeuf, Fort Presquile, La Belle Famillie, and Fort Niagara 1754 version. These maps will allow a full campaign to cover Washington's exploits, and Braddock's campaign of 1755 (that oob file is in the making.)

In the OOB file, players will find the following English troops: 3rd SC Ind Coy, 3rd & 4th NY Ind Coy, Cpt Trent's Coy, Col Fry's rgt of Virginians, Cols Craven & Harvey's rgts of North Carolinians, and several Indian tribes. The French have garrisons at: Forts Niagara, Presquile, LeBoeuf, Duquesne and the out post Chininqué. They have many Indian tribes, too. ;-)

Unit labels are in English, French and various native languages as appropriate.

Armies have piquets, guards, camp followers, and sick & invalid units to complicate things for the player commanders. The way I used them for example: at full-strength Fry's six company regiment would be 360 men. When I deployed the rgt with guards and picquets I deducted the number of men assigned to these two groups from the companies. I also, deducted men from the companies and assigned them to the sick & invalid units. The S&I, camp followers and wagons add an non-combative train that has to be protected during a battle. I also used a trick Steve showed me that being toggling the "emplaced" status on troops and supply wagons. I used this to show supplies (i.e. supply wagon) that would be static during the battle, and I used this to show S&I troops that would be too sick to move.

Hope you enjoy.

Happy Holidays, btw, here is your early holiday gift from me. ;-)

al

Last edited:

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Stupid Dog (new scenarios available)

For those who try these scenarios, would you please take a moment and leave comments at the GameSquad download site to let me know what you thought of them? Thanks!

al

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Stupid Dog (new scenarios available)

Two new scenarios available.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2275

1MPH_009.scn Storming Fort Duquesne 9:00am October 21st, 1754
9:00 am 21 October 1754 *Fictitious* Lacking heavy artillery to pound the French into submission, or forces or supplies to lay siege and starve the French out, the English decide to storm the walls of Fort Duquesne to force the French out of the Ohio country. The English camp is off map to the right. OBJECTIVE: Hold Fort Duquesne and neighboring structures (objective hexes). 1 VP per man.

1MPH_010.scn Storming Fort Duquesne 8:45am October 21st, 1754
8:45 am 21 October 1754 *Fictitious* Lacking heavy artillery to pound the French into submission, or forces or supplies to lay siege and starve the French out, the English decide to storm the walls of Fort Duquesne to force the French out of the Ohio country. The English camp is off map to the right. A two hour (24 turns) version of 1MPH_009.scn OBJECTIVE: Hold Fort Duquesne and neighboring structures (objective hexes). 1 VP per man.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

al