Stuka's and hitting things

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

Stuka rules are a bit of a pain.

The easiest part is the sighting TC: concealment/hip, moving and TEM are the main factors and you usually get it 50% of the time.

The next part is the worry, the TH#

In both point attack and straffing attack you need to roll TH# the applicable TH modifiers are in the TH Table. This usually means you will get a hit about 33% of the time. My questions are:

1) In a straffing run do you need to roll a TH for each hex the plane moved to ( ie: 4 times).

2) If the plan is to drop a bomb and the TH# is failed is the bomb dropped. If so "where" does the bomb land or does it just vanish.

I hope there are some airmen out there :)

Thanks

PS: Does Perry ever come to this site ???

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maj Soshtokovich said:
1) In a straffing run do you need to roll a TH for each hex the plane moved to ( ie: 4 times).
No, only for the hex you want to drop the bomb in. I would suggest that you use the point attack option if dropping a bomb. It significantly raises your chances of a hit.

Maj Soshtokovich said:
2) If the plan is to drop a bomb and the TH# is failed is the bomb dropped. If so "where" does the bomb land or does it just vanish.
It just vanishes into the same void that the smoke round that misses goes to.

Maj Soshtokovich said:
PS: Does Perry ever come to this site ???
Yes, but he uses an alias and and spreads misinformation.

FrankH.

Reaction score
I would suggest that you use the point attack option if dropping a bomb. It significantly raises your chances of a hit.
I am not sure what you mean by this statement. How does it increase the chances of a hit?

A stuka cannot bomb in a straffing run (E7.403).

Thus a stuka must use a point attack if dropping a bomb.

Frank H.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FrankH. said:
I am not sure what you mean by this statement. How does it increase the chances of a hit?
A point attack occurs from 3 hexes away, or 6 hex range. This puts you on the 0-6 range of the TH tables.

FrankH. said:
A stuka cannot bomb in a straffing run (E7.403).

Thus a stuka must use a point attack if dropping a bomb.
Good catch. I had forgotten this.