Stuka Pinning #2

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A concealed Infantry unit is moving in Open Ground. A Stuka takes and passes a Sighting Task Check for a point attack, treating the unit as unconcealed [E7.3]. Q&A suggest that the initial MG attack also does not treat the unit as concealed, i.e. it is at four FP. The attack has no effect, and per E7.403 the Infantry are Pinned. Becoming Pinned does not cause concealment loss by itself. The Stuka moves to its final hex of the point attack. Is the now-Pinned Infantry unit still considered moving for the second MG attack and the bomb attack, or is it not considered moving (being Pinned) and the attack is at two FP with case K applying to the bomb attack?

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Would it not be "moving in Open Ground" even though it is pinned?

Pinned normally only cancels FFNAM/FFMO - but the unit would still be considered moving - i.e., subject to DFF attacks after it becomes pinned.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Would it not be "moving in Open Ground" even though it is pinned?

Pinned normally only cancels FFNAM/FFMO - but the unit would still be considered moving - i.e., subject to DFF attacks after it becomes pinned.
A good thought, which made me look at the Pin rules. A 7.83, "A pinned unit [EXC: PRC] is considered a non-moving unit for purposes of all subsequent ordnance To Hit attempts during that Player Turn."

That in combination with your point would suggest that the MG might be at full FP but case K would apply to the bomb.

JR