Stronghold: Crusaders

PvtManaCoB3MD

Reaction score
Country
ll
I just purchased Stronghold: Crusaders for the low price of 9 dollars US. It's a neat game, fun to play, a bit annoying when your popularity waxes and wanes and you can't figure out why. It's a lot of fun experimenting on different castle designs. Anyone else play this game and/or have strategy tips?

RetPara

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It can be a balancing act. the pre-canned scenarios and road map campaign puts you at a distinct disadvantage at times.

the key I have found is too expand slowy from your starting perimeter. that starting perimeter has to be large enough for resouce gathering while keeping raiders at bay. if you try to go too big too fast you'll be nibbled to death.

I have seldom used the upper level mercs, they're more than I want to invest.

Cavalary does not make as strong an impact as ballestras and catapults.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If I remeber this game right, it was a long 50 some odd mission campaign. I seem to remember to do like RetPara as suggested and start from the immediate area and expland only enough to be able to cover your farms and your workshops with military units. Palissades work great and load them up with archers and crossbowmen. Then work on your infantry.