Strong pre-sales may influence pushing back release date?

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My theory is that with the pre-order opened up, BFC is getting up front capital that can be used to give them the time to make any changes they need. The stronger the pre-order numbers, the longer the game will take to get released.

This is notwithstanding the "when its done, its done" axiom.

I predict an August September release.

Cheers!

Leto

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1383100 said:
My theory is that with the pre-order opened up, BFC is getting up front capital that can be used to give them the time to make any changes they need. The stronger the pre-order numbers, the longer the game will take to get released.

This is notwithstanding the "when its done, its done" axiom.

I predict an August September release.

Cheers!

Leto
They don’t hit your card until the game is released. So there is no new cashish yet. Only the promise of payment.

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any delay pushes back the release schedule. That's something they don't want to do, especially with 154 games & modules planned for the Eastern Front.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really glad this game was releasable for Xmas 2009. Otherwise all of this would seem silly and pathetic.

-dale

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
They have my gold dubloons as well.

The reason I created the thread: they already have our money, so they now can take their time to get the game right... providing that the number of guys they have dinged credit cards from is sufficient to pay for the rock star from mars lifestyle of a BFC employee, which includes their membership to MENSA, all access pass to the Playboy Mansion and the first right of refusal for sniffing each new pair of Katy Perry's panties.

So that 70 bucks of mine might not get them too far!!

: )

Cheers!

Leto

Tanker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ROFL Leto.

Actually that part about Katy Perry's new panties is what's delaying the deal. Matt is holding out for sniffing the slightly used ones instead.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So April is half done. You've got a title, a forum, preorders, and a commit date of "end of April". You've even got a few rogue screenshots that look to have a bridge (or its remains) in it.

How're y'all feeling? Confident? Wary? Neutral?

-dale

vulture

Reaction score
Country
ll
So April is half done. You've got a title, a forum, preorders, and a commit date of "end of April". You've even got a few rogue screenshots that look to have a bridge (or its remains) in it.

How're y'all feeling? Confident? Wary? Neutral?

-dale
Also now a picture of an intact bridge and a 90 minute video AAR by Tyrspawn (who did a load of CMSF ones) - basically a video of him playing a whole mission real time if its anything like his previous efforts (just downloading it now)

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95908

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The theory in the OP sounds unlikely. If you got lots of presales you can release early in a shitty state since people didn't wait for reviews. Not that reviews on gaming websites do any good whatsoever to identify broken games.

No idea whether they charged my card or not. But I am no amused that the NATO modules I put into the same order will ship together with CMBN. I was kinda thinking I get in-stock products faster than 2 months after ordering.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Also now a picture of an intact bridge and a 90 minute video AAR by Tyrspawn (who did a load of CMSF ones) - basically a video of him playing a whole mission real time if its anything like his previous efforts (just downloading it now)

Seeing it actually moving is interesting. Both good and bad. Good, it seems to look OK but Bad, I hope it doesnt look like his You Tube graphics, looks a bit cartoony...

Id have to see more though, but it does play exactly like CMSF, no surprise there of course. I only hope it was the close range that got the Panther the 1 shot kills....

Still, looking forward to Fridays release!

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I just watched some of it but it's hard because I keep trying to use my keyboard and mouse to influence the game....

The video may lay to rest some of thewoods concerns about the LODs in this compared to CMSF. I mentioned a few days ago that they have been dramaticlly improved for CMBN but nothing explains it as much as seeing it in action. He has twice the RAM that I do and I get similar results.

vulture

Reaction score
Country
ll
I just watched some of it but it's hard because I keep trying to use my keyboard and mouse to influence the game....

The video may lay to rest some of thewoods concerns about the LODs in this compared to CMSF. I mentioned a few days ago that they have been dramaticlly improved for CMBN but nothing explains it as much as seeing it in action. He has twice the RAM that I do and I get similar results.
Biggest plus for me was seeing trees remain visible at large distances - always found the tree draw horizon in CMSF annoying.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At 7:03 into the video he mentions Tiger II tanks. That would be different.

Good Hunting.

MR

BlitzCanuck

Pretend Command Sgt. Maj.
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks like the AI is just as inept on offense as it is in CMx1.
Not that it's a dealbreaker for me as i don't plan on playing much single player.