Streets of Stalingrad 4th Edition in Production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Instead of putting all those charts on the map, put them on a separate sheet -- people can hang it on the wall, or mount it to posterboard and put it on a stand vertically at the end of the table.

Russ Schulke

626 Designs, LLC.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The game comes a with a completed set of hand held charts and tables. Plus, because of the size of the map we addressed that too.

The map is broken into 3 parts, each part being 60”x 34”. Because so many monster gamers use clear Plexiglas covers when playing, especially at conventions, we deiced to utilize this with the folds of the maps. The folds of the map are strategic placed at 17” in the horizontal and 11” in the vertical. Each map can be the folded to the minimal size for the scenario requirements. Alternatively, you can back fold (shown in green) and add a few more map printed charts to your choosing, if you have table room.

Note 1: Only two of the ten scenarios do you need to access the complete map.

Note 2: Three of the scenarios are the same proportion as the “Tractor Factory” scenario show below.

Russ Schulke

626 Designs, LLC.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Website/forum/blog up before the end of the year. Crowdfunding campaign in the second quarter of 2017.

I was hoping to come up the Cleveland ASL convention with a presentation, had a few guys offer to coordinate this, none have panned out.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Website/forum/blog up before the end of the year. Crowdfunding campaign in the second quarter of 2017.

I was hoping to come up the Cleveland ASL convention with a presentation, had a few guys offer to coordinate this, none have panned out.
It is not ASL.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just read the Boardgamegeek thread and the single most dominant reaction by people there is that the map is too big. Which is true.

Russ Schulke

626 Designs, LLC.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last edited:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are many games much bigger!! SOS3 is in the fifth frame, three of the scenarios in SOS4 are the same proportions as that.

http://expo.consimworld.com/ MonsterGame.CON XVII, May 27-June 3, 2017 • Tempe, Arizona

At least two of those seem to be more than one game put together.

But all of them share something yours does not. They are larger games, period, not smaller games gratuitously blown up in size and with a map area gratuitously expanded (the other bank of the Volga?? Why not Mars?).

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You had a bunch of experienced gamers giving you some solid feedback in that Boardgamegeek thread. Ignore it at your peril.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just read the Boardgamegeek thread and the single most dominant reaction by people there is that the map is too big. Which is true.
Map is not too big at all......its a monster game. Isn't if funny that no one moans about the size of the three MMP GTS games released to date, in which I have all three of them.

You'll be telling me next that the gamers 'this hallowed ground, Terrible swift sword and their latest one ' Last chance of victory' is too big.

The bottom line is if you think it is too big don't buy it, you probably weren't going to purchase it anyway.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Map is not big, sorry Mark, but on this you are wrong, again it is a simple equation, Russ is making a game for those who want it, if folk are not interested fine, do not buy it, feed back is good, but hounding someone just because your opinion differs is not on, just state, the game will not be for you and move on.

I for one will be getting it, and have already aimed off for the table needed, am more than happy that there is to be a 4th edition.

View attachment 54573

Russ Schulke

626 Designs, LLC.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is not ASL.
Pitman “lol” you are one odd character? :hmmm:

Is not the ASLOK XXXI convention in Cleveland an event directed to ASL players? :hmmm:

You play ASL? :hmmm: You live two hours from Cleveland! :hmmm: You have played in the previous events at this convention! :hmmm: You will be at this event this year! :hmmm:

So, how is not an ASL event? :hmmm:

View attachment 54575

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Map is not too big at all......its a monster game. Isn't if funny that no one moans about the size of the three MMP GTS games released to date, in which I have all three of them.

You'll be telling me next that the gamers 'this hallowed ground, Terrible swift sword and their latest one ' Last chance of victory' is too big.

The bottom line is if you think it is too big don't buy it, you probably weren't going to purchase it anyway.
If MMP released a new edition of The Devil's Cauldron that had maps twice as large as the original, you'd bet I would bitch.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Map is not big, sorry Mark, but on this you are wrong, again it is a simple equation, Russ is making a game for those who want it, if folk are not interested fine, do not buy it, feed back is good, but hounding someone just because your opinion differs is not on, just state, the game will not be for you and move on.

I for one will be getting it, and have already aimed off for the table needed, am more than happy that there is to be a 4th edition.

View attachment 54573
I am not wrong. The map is impractically large--which is crazy, because the most current edition has a map size that is practical. It is as if someone was thinking, "Okay, how can I get fewer people to play the next edition of this game? Oh, I know, I will make it too large for their gaming table." Numerous people on Boardgamegeek pointed this out; I am no voice in the wilderness. It is simply not a good idea to take something playable and make it less playable. It would be one thing if the reason for the larger map size was because the hexes in the previous edition were teensy-sized, but that is not the case.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Pitman “lol” you are one odd character? :hmmm:

Is not the ASLOK XXXI convention in Cleveland an event directed to ASL players? :hmmm:

You play ASL? :hmmm: You live two hours from Cleveland! :hmmm: You have played in the previous events at this convention! :hmmm: You will be at this event this year! :hmmm:

So, how is not an ASL event? :hmmm:
Pay attention. ASLOK is an ASL event. Your proposed demo is not an ASL event. It has no ****ing place at ASLOK.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am not wrong. The map is impractically large--which is crazy, because the most current edition has a map size that is practical. It is as if someone was thinking, "Okay, how can I get fewer people to play the next edition of this game? Oh, I know, I will make it too large for their gaming table." Numerous people on Boardgamegeek pointed this out; I am no voice in the wilderness. It is simply not a good idea to take something playable and make it less playable. It would be one thing if the reason for the larger map size was because the hexes in the previous edition were teensy-sized, but that is not the case.
Yes you are Mark, the game is clearly not for you, that is all cool, it might not be for a fair few players, again this is cool, there are those of us who like HUGE maps, so be it, just because in your opinion it is wrong to make such a big map, does not make it wrong, that is just your opinion, and as the pictures of those other games show, it is small in comparison, never said you were a voice in the wilderness Mark, just that in this case your stance is wrong, simple really, big map games are not your thing, or a fair few others , fine, do not buy it, those who like them, will, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.