Street Fighting question

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played ABTF7 'Among the Bravest' tonight, and a question came up (as usual)

A King Tiger lumbers down a road ADJACENT to one of my squads, and is eligible to be street-fought. I pass my PAATC, and jump into his hex. On my ATMM (gammon bomb) check, I roll a 6, pinning my squad. The consensus was that the squad is pinned in the road location, and still gets to attack, albeit with a 4 CCV instead of a 5. I rolled snakes and Mr. Tiger was dead.

Did we play this correctly? We talked to 2 local rules gurus, and that's what we all came up with.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct, check rule A11.8 v2 about halfway down:

"...If broken or pinned or on top of wire, they would not be returned to their building Location..."

da priest

Reaction score
Hmmm.....:

7.211 STREET FIGHTING: CC Reaction Fire may use Street Fighting ....

7.213 The only differences between resolving CC Reaction Fire and normal CC are that: ... no pinned unit--regardless of how it became pinned--may make a CC Reaction Fire attack ....

Hmmm.....:surprise:

No attack from my thoughts....:shock:

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The ATMM check seems to be part of the CC Attack (C13.7), so once the ATMM dr starts tumbling, the CC Attack has begun. So, the unit would become pinned DURING the CC Attack. Of course the rules are a bit vague in this department.

Jeff

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
da priest said:
Hmmm.....:

7.211 STREET FIGHTING: CC Reaction Fire may use Street Fighting ....

7.213 The only differences between resolving CC Reaction Fire and normal CC are that: ... no pinned unit--regardless of how it became pinned--may make a CC Reaction Fire attack ....

Hmmm.....:surprise:

No attack from my thoughts....:shock:
Ohhhhhh..... didn't even notice that line. Hmmm.. then I guess the crux of the matter is if the attack is 'taking place' when the ATMM dr is rolled, or if it 'has yet to take place', as Jeff has mentioned.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems to me that the unit is pinned during the attack, not before it can make the attack, so that the attack will still take place.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I tend to agree with Mark on this one. The act of attacking doesn't stop the attack it just makes it harder. I believe the essence of the rule is a unit under a Pin counter could not initiate streetfighting. This is a problem with A 11.8 and how it is worded.
Jimfer

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
If you look at the CCPh in the ASOP, you'll see that the ATMM roll is made after you declare the CC attack, but before you resolve the CC attack, and is not simultaneous with either.

So the question is, whether 7.213 restriction of making a CC attack, means to restrict you only from declaring a CC attack while Pinned, or also to restrict you from resolving a CC attack if you have become Pinned in the interim.

I'll say it is a good question for Perry.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ole Boe said:
If you look at the CCPh in the ASOP, you'll see that the ATMM roll is made after you declare the CC attack, but before you resolve the CC attack, and is not simultaneous with either.

So the question is, whether 7.213 restriction of making a CC attack, means to restrict you only from declaring a CC attack while Pinned, or also to restrict you from resolving a CC attack if you have become Pinned in the interim.

I'll say it is a good question for Perry.
Q&A request submitted via MMP's website.