street fighting and infiltration

Shmitty008

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A squad rolls a '2' on a street fighting attack during the opponent's movement phase. Is the squad eligible for infiltration, or do they return to the location from whence they came?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I believe they are returned to where they came from - along with possibly a newly created leader.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Sort of. The Infiltration rules also says "The simultaneous nature of CC is momentarily suspended following an Original CC DR of 2/12." - a CC RF isn't really "simultaneous nature of CC", IMO.

I guess a Q&A (unless one aldready exists) to MMP for verification could be sent.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll do that, it's an interesting question, and it will be good to see what the ruling is.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
I was just thinking the same thing. 'Street Fighting' is usually done in the CC Phase, A11.8

During the MPh street fighting is a form of CC Reaction Fire as restricted by D7.211 and is probably better labelled as "First Fire". Since the infantry does not actually enter the vehicles 'road' location there does not seem to be a need for a withdrawal via 'infiltration'.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Since the infantry does not actually enter the vehicles 'road' location there is does not seem to be a need for a withdrawal via 'infiltration'.
It actually does that even when making a CC Reaction Fire SF attack, D7.211:
"Mines/FFE/Residual-FP in the vehicle’s/DEFENDER’s Location can (as per their normal rules) attack the DEFENDER, who for that purpose is treated as using Assault Movement (into both Locations) and can claim any normally allowed SMOKE/TEM benefits present. A unit entering a wire Location must remain above that Wire counter as per B26.4 but a Street Fighting unit may not voluntarily remain in the road Location during CC Reaction Fire."

Confirmed by the D7.22 EX:
"The 4-4-7 passes its PAATC, and both units enter E3 where (after surviving all attacks by mines in D2/E3 and Residual-FP/FFE in E3, if any) they make their Reaction Fire CC attack."

That being said, I am still thinking Infiltration does not apply in this situation.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
You're correct. I should have stated the Defender CC unit cannot 'voluntarily' remain in the road location. If it is broken or pinned it would do so unless (presumably) in a Narrow Road. Reading on I see that D7.213 describes the difference being that CC Reaction Fire takes place during the MPh instead of the CCPh and no return fire is allowed by the AFV,... assuming this means crew small arms as well (A11.621).

I agree that 'infiltration' still does not appear to apply as that is a CCPh activity.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That being said, I am still thinking Infiltration does not apply in this situation.
I'm not too sure as A11.1 points out, "CC is a form of attack which can occur only during the CCPh [EXC: vs Unarmed units (20.54), Reaction Fire (D7.2),..." which seems to indicate any form of CC is subject to the CC rules which includes Infiltration (A11.22). Also D7.2 notes, "There are two types of Reaction Fire: CC Reaction Fire (7.21), which is resolved on the CCT;...". Also D7.21 further states, "Each Infantry/Cavalry DEFENDER unit that is unbroken, unpinned and neither Unarmed (A20.5) nor in Melee may attempt CC Reaction Fire, using the CC-vs-vehicle rules (A11.5, etc.; see also 7.211-.213) [EXC: Ambush is NA unless using Street Fighting; 7.211]."

• {NOTE: Bold/underline added by me for emphasis and is not present in the ASLRB}

Last edited: