Street fighting against an AFV on a wire

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Assume the following: An AFV spends MP in a road with wire. Adjacent enemy infantry is using street fighting to attack the AFV. Provided the infantry passes their PAATC - will the infantry have to stay in the wire hex or can they return to the building they came from?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Assume the following: An AFV spends MP in a road with wire. Adjacent enemy infantry is using street fighting to attack the AFV. Provided the infantry passes their PAATC - will the infantry have to stay in the wire hex or can they return to the building they came from?
The infantry will be stuck on the wire: A11.8 "If broken or pinned or on top of Wire, they would not be returned to their building Location."

JR

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Iirc the last time a similar question came up when they get stuck in the wire they are carrying whatever sw's they possessed... no leaving that HMG behind in the building... there is no pre-streetfighting weapon drop iirc.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Based on what JRV said above I took a closer look at street fighting and noticed something else...this time to do with mines.

Per A11.8..."The unit(s) would be moved onto the vehicle(s) in the road hex to make their CC attack(s) and following any CC attack returned to the same Locations they came from with mines/FFE attacking normally when they return or at their option remain in the road Location."

Does this mean the infantry is NOT attacked by the mines upon entering the vehicle's hex? Or am I reading way to much into this one?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Based on what JRV said above I took a closer look at street fighting and noticed something else...this time to do with mines.

Per A11.8..."The unit(s) would be moved onto the vehicle(s) in the road hex to make their CC attack(s) and following any CC attack returned to the same Locations they came from with mines/FFE attacking normally when they return or at their option remain in the road Location."

Does this mean the infantry is NOT attacked by the mines upon entering the vehicle's hex? Or am I reading way to much into this one?
I believe this is talking about mines/FFE in the hex they started in, not mines/FFE in the hex with the vehicle. I believe if there are mines in the hex with the vehicle they attack the street-fighting unit both on entry and exit in that hex. I also believe that mines in the start hex would also attack on the way out, but the particular context for the snippet you quote is only concerned with the return part of the operation.

JR

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe this is talking about mines/FFE in the hex they started in, not mines/FFE in the hex with the vehicle. I believe if there are mines in the hex with the vehicle they attack the street-fighting unit both on entry and exit in that hex. I also believe that mines in the start hex would also attack on the way out, but the particular context for the snippet you quote is only concerned with the return part of the operation.

JR
Yeah...that snippet is only concerned with the return part. That's why I was asking if by the fact they called out just the return part...did it preclude mines in the vehicle hex.

Like you though...I too believe the intent is that those mines would attack normally.