Stream Bog

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have an amphib vehicle exiting a deep stream that bogs. Checking rules, it seems that the vehicle bogs in the stream hex. Is this correct? If so, what do you do with a Bogged amphib, ie, can you unbog, are you merely assumed to be in the stream hex until the next MPh, or what?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anonymous said:
We have an amphib vehicle exiting a deep stream that bogs. Checking rules, it seems that the vehicle bogs in the stream hex. Is this correct? If so, what do you do with a Bogged amphib, ie, can you unbog, are you merely assumed to be in the stream hex until the next MPh, or what?
Yes, it is bogged in the stream hex. You can attempt to un-bog, but not until your next MPh, just like a normal bogged vehicle.

ScottD

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the reply, Brian. Does one use the amphib MP or land MP to unbog? Is the amphib vehicle considered stopped in the stream hex, and thus not subject to Motion DRM when fired upon? If it immobilizes does it sink?

ScottD

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ScottD said:
Does one use the amphib MP or land MP to unbog? Is the amphib vehicle considered stopped in the stream hex, and thus not subject to Motion DRM when fired upon? If it immobilizes does it sink?
Unless the stream is Flooded, you are using land MP; if the stream was flooded, you [ususally] do not have to take a Bog DR as you are not exiting to a higher elevation. If you are in a flooded stram and bog (or a deep ocean-hinterland hex) I think you would use the water MP rate.

If it becomes immobilized in deep water obsticle, I think it simply sits out the rest of the game going nowhere; however, most streams [EXC: flooded] are not water obsticles, simply gullies with a few feet of water in them. So, you are immobilized and can unload, etc..

ScottD

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oops, I was wrong about the initial situation. The amphib vehicle is actually exiting a deep River with a Slow Current. I will review the tome to see if there is anything that I missed.