Straying and Wide Boulevard

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has a consensus ever been reached on if a unit is subject to straying on a wide boulevard?

Ed Caswell

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
Has a consensus ever been reached on if a unit is subject to straying on a wide boulevard?
I have in my notes that Wide City Blvds and Runways are not exceptions to Straying but that Graveyard Roads and Narrow Streets are. I do not remember if this came from Q/As or a consensus here on this Forum. Best I can do.
Ed

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have in my notes that Wide City Blvds and Runways are not exceptions to Straying but that Graveyard Roads and Narrow Streets are. I do not remember if this came from Q/As or a consensus here on this Forum. Best I can do.
Ed
I have in my notes that Wide Boulevards are an exception...but don't remember where I got that from...:D

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Found it.

From a Red October rule changes text file from February 2011 (I sat in on a playtest a long time ago).

"Wide Boulevards are roads for straying purposes (per Perry)"

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Found it.

From a Red October rule changes text file from February 2011 (I sat in on a playtest a long time ago).

"Wide Boulevards are roads for straying purposes (per Perry)"
Makes sense IMHO.

Unless the friggin' Boulevard would be so damn wide that you don't even know in which way it is running. And that could conceivably only apply to some sort of big plaza thing.

von Marwitz

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Unless the friggin' Boulevard would be so damn wide that you don't even know in which way it is running. And that could conceivably only apply to some sort of big plaza thing.
It more depends upon the average number of open bars per 100 meters frontage in the plaza.

After the sixth, most patrons don't which way is up. o_O

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perry Sez email sent...

"Are units ever subject to Straying when moving on a Wide Boulevard?"

No, like a road (E1.531).

....Perry

MMP