Straying and Banzai/HW

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Think the title makes it clear

1/ Does a Banzai unit/group/collection (Or what ever you want to call it) have to stray in a dense jungle hex

2/ if a Multi-location Banzai have 1 unit that does NOT have to stray, does this release the others in the same Banzai from the same restriction

3/ Does a Banzai / HW have to stray at Night ?

4/ for that matter is a Banzai unit that IF (and only If) has to roll for straying roll as a Stealthy unit (assuming E or 1st) or as a Lax

5/ Is it about bloody time that MMP REALLY re-write the Chapter E rules and fix up all the many many many holes that are in them that are too legion to mention lol :)

6/ Is everyone having a great ASL/VASL weekend where ever they are in the world

Be well (And don't call 999, cause I'm on shift)
Neil

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1/ Does a Banzai unit/group/collection (Or what ever you want to call it) have to stray in a dense jungle hex
Not due to G2.22 (there is an exception for Banzai Charges there).

2/ if a Multi-location Banzai have 1 unit that does NOT have to stray, does this release the others in the same Banzai from the same restriction
NA due to (1). EDIT: for Night straying, all other HW units "follow accordingly." (E1.531) unless it individually meets one of the previous exceptions(?). I guess that means some may stray while others do not.

3/ Does a Banzai / HW have to stray at Night ?
Yes. See E1.53.
4/ for that matter is a Banzai unit that IF (and only If) has to roll for straying roll as a Stealthy unit (assuming E or 1st) or as a Lax
The units are Lax per A25.23.
5/ Is it about bloody time that MMP REALLY re-write the Chapter E rules and fix up all the many many many holes that are in them that are too legion to mention lol :)
Yes, yes, yes.
6/ Is everyone having a great ASL/VASL weekend where ever they are in the world
Well, I was proof reading all day, so yes . . .

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Funny, my opponent and I were just wondering about this earlier today! ;)

Have a quiet shift!

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Would have been nice for the rules on Banzai to cross reference the OTHER rules on Night and Jungle straying
Thanks Brian
Great answers

Ps
Looked up everything BUT G2.2 to find an answer.
O God MMP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Make us a eRulebook Updated DAILY with Errata and Q&A that is fully searchable
And hurry up about it

(hell - Paths/Pursuit of Glory from GMT i think had a PDF you could download as a living rulebook about 5 years ago - It's NOT rocket science guys....... Its Customer Service !)

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
(hell - Paths/Pursuit of Glory from GMT i think had a PDF you could download as a living rulebook about 5 years ago - It's NOT rocket science guys....... Its Customer Service !)
Almost all of GMT's games have the rulebooks available on their website.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
To be fair, the ASLRB is special in that it is a product that is sold separately, not included with the rest of the game. This does, in a sense, justify it not being available online officially (though it would certainly be a move I'd greatly appreciate if MMP decided to do it).