Strategy on EA

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mark Stevens said:
Scenario's been running for five years now: perhaps we've all said everything that there is to say!

I hope to get a chance to develop the game further using Lou's idea of a loop for weather effects to free up more Events, but that won't be until I get my next decent holiday break later in the year.
Eagerly anticipating this! Also, I imagine that there will be a big flurry of activity sooner or later. There are still several angles to further the scenario's development. Freeing up all the events that have been mentioned, the possibility of the EC removal, Larry's TOAW Clone giving us unlimited events, etc.

Hmm, at the risk of giving Mark high blood pressure by (again) mentioning the removal of the EC game, there *will* eventually come a time when this will make perfect sense. When the time comes that there is no development, bug fixes, etc done to the scenario for some time, it will be apparant that it is finally 'done', so to speak. At that time (if we ever get there! :D ), since the scenario is 'complete', EC could be yanked out, and we could have two EAs. The one, final version including the EC variant, and an EA Plus, if you will, for those that know ahead of time that they do not want an EC option, and would rather have whatever candy all these extra events could create.

And, lest anyone thing I'm ungrateful...

For the untold hours of entertainment you've provided me with, Mark, a beer alone wouldn't suffice. I owe you a keg. Hell, I should buy you the tavern...

:toast:

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
'Unlimited Events' would, I fear, be like unlimited beer or unlimited sex - sounds appealing at first glance, but probably not very practical. (Never having tried either.)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, we don't need to incorporate an unlimited amount - but to know that we'd like to add this, this, and that, and knowing that events are not a problem, would greatly add to the developmental potential.

As an example, I'm sure there have been many suggestions you've heard from the community that you would have liked to add (or at least consider), but the event issue made it a null point right then and there...