Strategic War Series

TheGrayMouser

Reaction score
Sorry to post this here but the Strat War Series doesn't appear to have its own dedicated forum.
How is this series? I'm pretty impressed by the SIZE of the maps but have not really seen much posted about the game play

Also, I was reading the manual from the SDC site and am I right that there are no naval units in the game at all? Seems odd since Jt has added naval units to pretty much all of his tactical and operational games...
Cheers!

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played the first game in the series a few times. I like the scale but was not able to spend enough time in the rules to fully benefit from the game series.

Blackie did a great job on the map and hopefully an East Front game will come out soon!

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'am looking forward to this one too. I hope HPS puts it on CD. Can't download it, not online.

Last edited:

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From memory, I think only transports and landing craft are included. I think whole navies will be included in the last instalment of the series, though I'm not sure.

Micawber

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
is there a reason why combat results don't come up in some instances(eg. starter TFB)and in others, they do? I played one scenario where I got the odds and the DIS/ADV etc but in the next scenario (sicily WotSF)- nothing.
Have I got something different from one game to the next?