Storing LFT products

WAMedic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, this may have been asked and answered but I couldn’t find it.

Recently purchased my first LFT product - From the Cellar #9. First, the quality of LFT products is exceptional. Quality card stock and color images on the scenario cards is not notch. So obviously their cards are not 8 1/2 x 11. I scanned them, reduced them down and printed them on 8 1/2 x 11 card stock, fitting perfectly into my binder with all my other scenario cards. My question...how/where do you store your original LFT products?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although this will sound like heresy... you will find my name on some cards...barring the option in post 2, it is 90% of the time+ possible to trim the card top and bottom to get it to fit into a US Letter protector. This is what I do, every time...even if some small portion of the title gets cut down. Then I again I do not suffer OCD...not do I believe my vast* ASL kit will ever be sold at Sotheby's for bank... I place function over form...

Of course, you will also find another set of folks scan their cards...Sparafucil (here on GS, has many posts to this) expert on this...and you have no problem.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, this may have been asked and answered but I couldn’t find it.

Recently purchased my first LFT product - From the Cellar #9. First, the quality of LFT products is exceptional. Quality card stock and color images on the scenario cards is not notch. So obviously their cards are not 8 1/2 x 11. I scanned them, reduced them down and printed them on 8 1/2 x 11 card stock, fitting perfectly into my binder with all my other scenario cards. My question...how/where do you store your original LFT products?
I store my [original] A4 products in old, large DASL and HASL boxes such Streets of Fire, Pegasus Bridge, etc. Too bad the rest of the world can’t be like the U.S. Wait...I think we’re the ones all goofed up! Yea, I wish we were on the metric system. =(

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Chatted to Rich Domovich about this at Heroes last weekend. A4 pocket protectors are really cheap here in Europe so any ASLers going to the states or Canada shoukd slip a few 100 into their suitcase. If you do this coming the other way with lettersized ones, you will gain a lot of friends.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chatted to Rich Domovich about this at Heroes last weekend. A4 pocket protectors are really cheap here in Europe so any ASLers going to the states or Canada shoukd slip a few 100 into their suitcase. If you do this coming the other way with lettersized ones, you will gain a lot of friends.
A4 page protectors are not expensive here either, however, finding them can be a challenge. It is not so much that Office Depot or Staples does not have them as they do they just their search does not work well. The easiest thing to do is order them from Amazon they are about the same as letter size and easy to find.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My question...how/where do you store your original LFT products?
I use an A4 size plastic document case to store my scenario cards. I get them from a Japanese dollar store chain called "Daiso" and they have two sizes available...a "thin" one and a "thick" one...the thick one is nearly identical in size to the standard game box. I use the larger ones to hold scenarios, maps (hold around 32 maps without difficulty), overlays...I use thin ones to hold all of my charts.

I tried to go onto the Daiso website to post a link to these, but could not get them to come up. They are 31.8 x 23.3 x 6.2 cm for the thick ones (31.8 x 23.3 x 3 cm thin) and retail for $3.00 each (or $3.50...they are labelled at 200 yen) at the Daiso stores that I found here in California.

I can not find them on E-Bay or Amazon.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I'm also a buyer of A4 supplies from Amazon. I have a large A4 binder with LFT, FrF, DTF, SV, etc and a 1/2" A4 binder of "currently" to go with my 8.5X11 current binder.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It's probably way easier to buy A4 page protectors from the US, than it is to buy Letter protectors from the rest of the world. I mean, I can probably find some on Amazon, but they'd cost me an arm.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
It's probably way easier to buy A4 page protectors from the US, than it is to buy Letter protectors from the rest of the world. I mean, I can probably find some on Amazon, but they'd cost me an arm.
I think you're right, sadly. If travelling ever opens up again, exchanges or semi-local deliveries by travelers can be made. Back when it was harder to get A4 here in the States, Philippe Briaux kindly brought me a couple boxes of A4 sheet protectors in his suitcase to ASLOK one year.