Still more Murphy's rules of ASL

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You spend 27 months designing an ASL scenario, only to find a newbie put out a better version of it (and in only 6 months!).

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Always rethink you scenario set-up, especially if your opponent looks at it and starts laughing hysterically.
You take Prevagen to remember all the items in each game phase, and forget to bring your good dice.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just remember, your 10-3 is not Chuck Norris!
No, but I had a Chinese 10-2 become Chuck Norris. I was playing Tiger of Toungo against Stoppel. I was the Chinese. I HIP'd the Tiger (10-2 leader) with 2 squads LMG, HMG in a fortified building in the middle of my line up front. He was stacked in a non-HIP concealed squad. The 1st Japanese squad AMs onto the board concealed. I just couldn't take it. The Arrogance! The Tiger immediately opens up with the HMG. KIA. The Tiger then proceeds to kill everything in his LOS by the end of the turn 1 Chinese Prep Fire. The Sniper avoided him, always scampering to the other side of the board even after repositioning. Flames ran away from him despite the Mild Breeze blowing his way. Finally, a 2 check happens. The Tiger shrugs it off and the squads answer the call making all MCs and creating a hero. Basically, that one stack crushed 4/5ths of the Japanese OB.

Murphy visited the Japanese in the form of the Tiger.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only thing harder than defeating the tourney champion, is gaining Concealment in an Ocean hex.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Using half squads for bumping is like tossing chum out for sharks.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You decide to overhaul your counter storage boxes, and discover that what worked best for 15 years is no longer available.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Never move into a shooting gallery, if you have to cross the mapboard to exit.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You get your best AFV into position to whack his Death Star, and it gets Recalled by a Sniper.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
If you are running into your 6+1 and 7-0 leaders you are routing FORWARD.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You wait for your order to ship and then it's porch-pirated!
Hey, I was only worried that it might get drenched in the rain, so I took it for safe-keeping. I've been waiting for you to call for me to deliver it. Honest!!!