Still looking for CMAK game

Reaction score
Hey Gents, :salute:

I'm still looking for a CMAK game with some folks. I've only got two games on my plate right now, and I'm willing to bring on about 3 more.

I listed my "Preferences" before, but again, those are only preferences, not requirements.

Please send me some offers and we can negotiate. As long as they are fare and realistic I'm pretty open.

The only thing I'm not interested in is anything over 2500 points.

Thanks again and I look forward to future encounters.:thumup:

Best Regards,:salute:
Scott

Reaction score
Window shopping

Gents, :salute:

Is everyone just window shopping or what? I'm suprised I've not gotten more offers... :toilet:

Come on folks.... Someone step up to the plate and give me a go. :rifle:

Regards,

Scott:salute:

Reaction score
It was closed...

Hi Lurker,:salute:

Thanks for replying. No I did not try Walweed,two reason;

1) He closed the thread.
2) Im not sure what GoH type rules are...

There is still alot of things on the forum that I don't understand, and that is one of them...

Thanks anyway,

Waleed

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Scott...

1) He closed the thread.
2) Im not sure what GoH type rules are...
1) Yeah, I got two games, and I am just about keeping my head above water - I am managing turnarounds at around 36-48 hours, and...

2) here are GoH rules

http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29442

...but my only requisites were (are)

Ouick Battle game only
2000 or less points
Map size is medium or large or huge
Turns are 18 to 24 (variable, so even 24+)
Human buy only.
BB or AK.

Anything you want*, and once you have let me know the parameters, the only requisite is I get to pick the side to play

* including special rules like no Aircraft, or no tanks with 70mm armour, or no SMG troops - anything :)

I'll be posting for more opponents when I am next free (a few months down the line??) - but I'll be here for years to come :D

Regards,
Waleed.

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your on!

With a couple of battles going slowly and winding down I'll give ya a go.

I want to try something new, a two step Operation. Many of the complaints come from too little time which yields a flag rush. When you go for more time, ammo becomes an issue. A 2 step operation of 20 turns each could solve the problem.

What I don't know is can you have a selection of forces unknown to the other side, selected as the game starts OR must you design it with both sides known? Anybody?

I'd be willing to make such a game for another pair if they would make one for us.

If you think this is good for you. Let's discuss how it will work, timeframe, ME or ??

Confused?

Lurker

Reaction score

I want to try something new, a two step Operation. Many of the complaints come from too little time which yields a flag rush. When you go for more time, ammo becomes an issue. A 2 step operation of 20 turns each could solve the problem.

What I don't know is can you have a selection of forces unknown to the other side, selected as the game starts OR must you design it with both sides known? Anybody?

I'd be willing to make such a game for another pair if they would make one for us.

If you think this is good for you. Let's discuss how it will work, timeframe, ME or ??

Confused?
One way around the ammo game size issue is to generate a map, tweak it for balance and set it up as a scenario. Then the allies pick first and max out all the small arms ammo. The German selects next without peeking at the allies selections and does the same thing and then the game is started as a PBEM. It has to be done on the honor system obviously. Unless you want to have a 3rd party set it up after you both give him your picks.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Great Idea

Confused?

Just how to do it...Lurker have you done this before...your post seems so.
Other wise i would moderate as much as possible ....or how about an operation instead of a QB. ?:smoke:

But of coarse we have not heard from MT. Carmel Hill yet.:smoke:

Lurker

Reaction score
Just how to do it...Lurker have you done this before...your post seems so.
Other wise i would moderate as much as possible ....or how about an operation instead of a QB. ?:smoke:

But of coarse we have not heard from MT. Carmel Hill yet.:smoke:
The point with my way is you wouldn't need to make it a campaign if the ammo loads are maxed. Maybe when CMC is released that won't matter (??), but until then this way is very easy. Easier if the honor system is used. I've done that many times with CMBO. Unless neither side trusts the other, and then you have a moderator make your picks and tournament lock it. :surprise:

Reaction score
Confused??

Greetings, :salute:

I'm not sure what a lot of that means :confused: but I as long as I do by game time, I'm willing to give it a try.:rifle:

Are you saying that we set the parameters and a "honest" 3rd party individual sets the game up for us? If thats the case, I have no problem with that wether it's a single game or operation.

Bertram, why don't you layout the preliminary parameters, and I will rebutle with any tweaks I'd like to see (I'm not too creative remember?). Who would be a willing 3rd party? Mr.Digits perhaps?:joy:

Keep me posted,

Mt. Carmel:salute:

Lurker

Reaction score
Are you saying that we set the parameters and a "honest" 3rd party individual sets the game up for us?
That's one way. The other is the two of you do it yourselves with the allied player picking first, and trusting the German player not to look of course (honor system) :cool: . I've done that many times. I don't know if any of my opponents ever cheated and peeked at my picks, but if they did then it didn't do them much good for the most part.
Whatever you feel most comfortable with. :)

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mt. Carmel Hill,

What about a post WWII Scenario, such as the Arab League's attempt to capture Jerusalem during 1948? It's middling in length, about 1500 points per player, and an attack/defend. You can pick either the Jordanians or the Israelis.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would be honoured

Greetings, :salute:

I'm not sure what a lot of that means :confused: but I as long as I do by game time, I'm willing to give it a try.:rifle:

Are you saying that we set the parameters and a "honest" 3rd party individual sets the game up for us? If thats the case, I have no problem with that wether it's a single game or operation.

Bertram, why don't you layout the preliminary parameters, and I will rebutle with any tweaks I'd like to see (I'm not too creative remember?). Who would be a willing 3rd party? Mr.Digits perhaps?:joy:

Keep me posted,

Mt. Carmel:salute:
To be the moderator of any battle and set something up once all the parameters were set by both players...just let me know when.:smoke:

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
Mt. Carmel Hill,

What about a post WWII Scenario, such as the Arab League's attempt to capture Jerusalem during 1948? It's middling in length, about 1500 points per player, and an attack/defend. You can pick either the Jordanians or the Israelis.
Did you make this Scenario yourself or download it from somewhere?

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Found it at the Scenario Depot. Yes Mad Russian has corrupted me!

No, Mangus, I don't have time, between school, work and TtT to design scenarios for my own enjoyment. If I did, We'd be working on round 4.

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Carmel & Numbers

How about:

2 Turn Operation
20 turns each stage
average recovery/repair
adequate supply
Weather mixed
attacker axis
Night every 4th turn (no night)
1st turn at Dawn

Assault
Lt Snow
Cold
Dirt
Dec 43
1500 pts
Medium map
Moderate Hills
Moderate Trees
Village
Damage Light

You pick the side then'll we pick the forces and let Numbers set it up.

Reaction score
Where to find it...

Mt. Carmel Hill,

Hi Tac,:salute:

I'd like some time to study that scenerio before jumping in. Where can I find this scenario?

Many thanks,

Reaction score
Help me understand...

How about:

2 Turn Operation
20 turns each stage
average recovery/repair
adequate supply
Weather mixed
attacker axis
Night every 4th turn (no night)
1st turn at Dawn

Assault
Lt Snow
Cold
Dirt
Dec 43
1500 pts
Medium map
Moderate Hills
Moderate Trees
Village
Damage Light

You pick the side then'll we pick the forces and let Numbers set it up.
Hi Bertram, :salute:

Let me begin with an immediate digression. Do you have any family in southern Indiana? Reason I ask is I have a close friend whose last name is Bertram. He's an ex-marine, and a great Godly man :halo: . I was just curious if you had any family in this area.

Please help me understand a few things. Like I said before just because I've been lucky :clap: with my record doesn't mean that I really understand CMAK all that well yet.:cheeky:

2 Turn Operation: Is this like two games where each team gets reinforcements & supplies?

20 turns each stage
average recovery/repair: Please explain this a bit...
adequate supply: Full ammo?
Weather mixed
attacker axis
Night every 4th turn (no night); Does this mean that every 4 turns it gets dark? (As in every 4 game time minutes?) If that is what this means, it doesn't make sense to me. I'd prefer either all night or all day, or perhaps one session is night and the other day. Wouldn't that make more sense?

1st turn at Dawn

Can we have unrestricted troop quality, so that I can choose anything from Conscript (like myself:paperbag: ) to Crack troops?

Also, Unrestricted (Anything from All-armor to all infantry) set-up, no air strikes, and no 1st turn bombing...

You pick the side then'll we pick the forces and let Numbers set it up

Are you saying that someone else will pick my units? I'm not sure I like that idea...:hmmm:

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,:salute:
Scott

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You pick the side then'll we pick the forces and let Numbers set it up

Are you saying that someone else will pick my units? I'm not sure I like that idea...:hmmm:

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,:salute:
Scott
Oh I know what I would pick for you.:devious: ;) :laugh: :smoke:

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's try....................

FIRST, good point on the force mix.

Let's say Combined Arms so things are somewhat balanced.

Start a Quick Battle with the parameters I've chosen Axis Attack at 1500 pts (Axis can purchase 2250)
Dec 1943

The forces you see are what's available, up to the limits shown.

You & I will make a list of what we want and Numbers will set it up.

There will be no night turns.
4 turns per day
Start at dawn and the op is only 2 turns.

Any troop quality you'd like.

No aircraft!

We can also craft the map prior to the battle and set the flags so the AI can't screw it up.

My name is not Bertram but I did have family in IN back in the late 1800's.:surprise: Ministers in the family tree to boot.