Step Backwards Button & Counters

pjh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two very different topics.

1. Is there a way to step backwards through a logfile? I often find myself in a PBEM stepping forward past old moves then I step one or two steps too far, and have to load the logfile again. ('Undo' doesn't seem to step backwards.)

2. As a matter of aesthetics, I quite like the scanned images that the tutorial for ASLSK uses for counters. (Sample: https://www.advancedsquadleader.net/images/1/15/ASLSKTutorial.v1.0.pdf) Has anyone done something similar for VASL counters? (That is, a scan of the actual counter itself with clipped edges and all.)

Thanks in advance

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States

1. Is there a way to step backwards through a logfile? I often find myself in a PBEM stepping forward past old moves then I step one or two steps too far, and have to load the logfile again. ('Undo' doesn't seem to step backwards.)

2. As a matter of aesthetics, I quite like the scanned images that the tutorial for ASLSK uses for counters. (Sample: https://www.advancedsquadleader.net/images/1/15/ASLSKTutorial.v1.0.pdf) Has anyone done something similar for VASL counters? (That is, a scan of the actual counter itself with clipped edges and all.)

Thanks in advance
Undo should step back in a log, I do it all the time.

I know of no extension using high quality scans of counters as VASL counter art.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

1. Is there a way to step backwards through a logfile?
As Zoltan said, UNDO works great for this. Also I want to dispel the rumor that when you do this, VASL starts printing "Paul is dead, Paul is dead, Paul is dead...".

pjh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Much appreciated; I was a touch confused about 'undo', as when you step forward after undoing there's some duplication, but after playing with it a bit, it appears it will do exactly what I'd like. No Paul is dead message yet.