Stellaris

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
My first impression was of a Distant Worlds clone. Certainly goes on my watch list.

This seems to be a good time for anyone into Sci-Fi.

Best wishes,
Steve

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah definitely is going to be a contender with Distant Worlds (which still does not get enough love imho) but we still have to wait and see if they implement some form of a private sector to breath life into the galaxy. Looking at early screens I was getting Sins of a Solar Empire vibe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There are few more Dev diaries out now and this is looking good.

My only thought is that the size of the galaxy's seem quite small. A large map would have around 1000 systems and a small one 200. It will be interesting to see if they and try and capture the scale of space, and if they do how they manage to do it.

dwardzala

Va Tech Hokie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its been out for a few weeks now. I am really impressed with it. As it is Paradox Development Studio project, look for additional content to be added through patches and DLC.

Current impressions - Sector mechanic is a love it or hate it proposition. If you aren't obsessed with min/max, the sector mechanic won't bother you. If you are it won't do things the way you want them done. Empire AI is a bit suspect at the moment, but it will improve over time. Ship designer is pretty basic. Victory conditions are limited to either controlling 40% of the galaxy or eliminating all other empires (not diplo or tech victories yet.)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm enjoying it as well. I guess the diplomatic and technological victories are a bit difficult when there are fallen empires in play. I guess influence could be used as the basis for cultural victories. I'm looking forward to the next patch which is supposed to improve the mid game. I think one of the most successful parts of the game is the storytelling.

Abe Lincorn

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Abraham
Country
llAustralia
There is a plenty of games, lots of good ones and even more of, well, not so good ones. But, for many years, I still found only a few games to where I always return. Age of Empires II, Master of Magic, download, Conquest of Elysium. And Stellaris.