Steeple Brd51 and Levels

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all, while using brds 46 and 51, it seems that the steeples and their respective levels on brd 51 are not being recognized properly. Hex 46AA7 seems to present the level/location properly with correct LOS. Yet, 51H2 and 51Z8 do not recognize the extra level/location of the steeple in that they only show rooftop levels 2.5.

Two images: 1) shows LOS from steeple 51H2 with only a rooftop location at level 2.5, and; 2) the LOS from 51H1 showing that it too has a rooftop level 2.5. Should 51H2 show a level 3 with no rooftop? Am I doing something wrong? If yes, what? If no, is there a new brd or a setting I should enable?

VASL 6.4.1, VASSAL Eng 3.2.17, and just downloaded a fresh copy of Brd 51 with no change that I see.

If others confirm it's a map problem and not me, I think I'm supposed to use the instructions in the "VASL Map Online Problem/suggestion Form".

Steeple 51H2.jpg Steeple 51H1.jpg
Thanks

Last edited:

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi

I just checked it out and you are right there is a problem with bd51. I can correct that to show a level 3 for the steeple. However, I suspect it will continue to show a rooftop for that hex. No need to use the Problem/suggestion Form for this one. Look for a new bd51 on VASL.info in a day or two.

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, thanks for your reply. Just to help, I don't have all the boards and I'm only able to comment on Brd51. 51Z8 might have the same issue. Cheers

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There is a new board 51 on VASL.info now. Since you are using 6.4.1, it will update automatically if you open an existing or new game using bd51. I did check Z8 and it was working fine. As mentionned, both H2 and Z8 will continue to show a rooftop location. This is incorrect but requires a code change to fix. This is not likely to happen.