Steelworks - Bangalore Torpedos

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per StW 7.4 a BT will attack any units in a wire/minefield location in which it is placed. Can a BT be used to attack infantry units in other than a wire/minefield location like a DC?

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have Steelworks but do have "Anzio 1944" also by Lone Canuck so I assume the rules are the same for BT in both.

The first line in "Anzio" states a "BT is considered a DC(A23) except as follows..."

Since "the following" has no exception prohibiting attacking infantry I read the above to default to BT can attack infantry. The attack would be 16 FP per the counter.

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have Steelworks but do have "Anzio 1944" also by Lone Canuck so I assume the rules are the same for BT in both.

The first line in "Anzio" states a "BT is considered a DC(A23) except as follows..."

Since "the following" has no exception prohibiting attacking infantry I read the above to default to BT can attack infantry. The attack would be 16 FP per the counter.
Steelworks doesn't specifically say it is a DC but you can use it on tanks and can exchange 2 DC for it. So you are probably right, but just wanted clarification.