Steel Panthers World At War v8.0 Available

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SP:WAW v8.0 Now Available

This comes directly from the Matrix Forums. Before you guys start overloading the servers please let me finish my download first :D

David Heath said:
Hi Guys

Matrix Games would like to thank you all for another year and for all of the support you have giving us. God willing you can expect to receive even more fine wargames from us during 2004.

The link below is only one of what will be many download links. Matrix has made deals with many of the popular download sites so finding a copy of SPWaW will be easy. Most of these download site will not be available until January 2004. We will only be releasing a full version of the game since it was really impossible to make upgrade version at this time.

We know some of you can not download a file this size and are maknig arrangements to help here as well. Some of the download links offer the abilty order it on CD for a small fee. Matrix will be releasing if we can get it all to fit on one CD all the Mega Campaigns and SPWaW v8.0. The details for that will also be worked out in January 2004.

We have included our True Update program so any future updates will be easy for everyone and will install directly into the proper area in the game. We are also working on a MOD installer so gamers can now install there own graphics, sounds, and other ideas but still return to the orginal SPWaW v8.0. This is still in the testing stages but we keep you updated.

This version is really more of a tighten of the code then any real new features. Bryan Melvin and his team have done a great job at improving the OOB. This alone was worth the update. Wild Bill went and updated all the scenarios and campaigns to make sure everything works with SPWaW v8.0. You will also find some new graphics and small little changes. Please DO NOT install this version over any other version of SPWaW. You must start with a clean install.

So with no more delays here is our Christmas gift to you. The complete new version of SPWaW v8.0.

Worth Playing
:D[url="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=15244"]http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=15244[/url] :D

Gamers Hell
:Dhttp://www.gamershell.com/download_4733.shtml :D

We will be adding more mirrors here once as they come available. This the full game and is about 435 MB. So for the best Steel Panthers ever start downloading. This is a must download for any true Steel Panther fan.

I pray that God richly blesses each of you and your families. Have a blessed Christmas.

Goblin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem with the download appears solvable by taking the SHP folder that is inside the other folder labeled SHP, and bringing it up to the same level as the SAVE SCEN and SND folders. It should not have been inside the other folder.

Goblin

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Install Error = Look Here ! ! !

In case you have already downloaded SPWAW 8.0 and are having problems or are getting ready to download please take note of this. There have been problems with the game crashing to the desktop and you not being able to get to the main menu screen to play the game. No need to worry. Basically the real SHP folder gets installed inside an otherwise empty SHP folder. This prevents the game from loading since all the image files end up being 1 folder deeper than they should be.

Here are some transcripts of what to do from the Matrix Forums;

bob lawn said:
i think there is a problem with the packaging; it's not a video problem. As the folders install themselves, the SHP folder is within another one, also called SHP. If you move the inner SHP one to the top level, so it's on the same level as SAVE, SCEN and SND, then it works - i've tried xp and win 2000 and windows me.
Basically you need to overwrite the first SHP folder with the deeper nested one so that all the files are in the top level SHP file.

It worked for me and a bunch of others on the Matrix Forums.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I further confirm that, and fix appears to be getting remedied as we speak.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If I recall, there isn't going to be a patch.

I think the reason was the patch would not be "doable", to much has been altered.

Just finishing some wrapping, yippee I might be in bed before midnight.

Tested the file out, and the new look looks quite nice.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The 8.0 is now 8.0b the one with the fixed installer.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That is likely a common question. Right now I am testing out a simple process for getting the MCs installed as well.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Priest said:
Will 8.0b still run H2H?
I think the best bet is to keep H2H as an install over 7.1 as how it was originally designed and load 8.0 as a seperate install. H2H was based on 7.1 and there may be changes in 8.0 that impact negatively and/or adversely with H2H. I would hate to be halfway througha game and them a glitch show up. :eek:

Again, since H2H works well on the 7.1 frame and 8.0 probably works best on its own, I would keep from mixing them for now.