steel panthers 2 scenarios

hapshott

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hello,

In the past there were a lot of steel panthers 2 scenarios at the games depot of the wargamer. I had downloaded them all. But stupid enough I had them all on 3.5" floppies. But after all these years, only 1 floppy remains to work, so I lost almost all downloaded scenarios

Now recently I wanted to play steel panthers 2 again. I know that there is a better version for modern battles (winspmbt). But I have the feeling that it plays slower then the original sp2. It takes a lot more time to play a scenario then in sp2.

Know I want to ask if someone knows, how I can download these again. Everytime I get the message that the file is not available.

I thank you in advance for an answer.

With kind regards,

Hapshott

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Well to be honest you should just stick with playing either WinSPMBT or WinSPWW2 since it is the only supported version of the game left. SP2 is dead code and Matrix has not updated SPWaW in 5 or more years and it either does not work or barely works on modern PC's where as WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2 does work and is kept updated for modern computers.

Good luck on finding the old scenarios, there are plenty of updated and new scenarios for SPMBT.

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/MBT/MBT_page.html

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html

hapshott

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hello Dlazov,

Many thanks for your reply. I think that you are right about sticking with winspmbt and winspww2 as they are really good games (I must admit even better then the originals).

I was thinking about the games I was playing when I was younger. I had really good memories about the steel panthers series, tigers on the prowl ad panthers in the shadows. So I installed dosbox and fired them up. It really brought back a a lot of good aming memories. So I wanted to install also my old scenarios. That is the reason why I asked the scenarios.

I must say, that it is really great that the sp series is updated. Even today I cannot think of a games series which can beat steel panthers, pits, top2 and toaw.

With kind regards,

Hapshott

hapshott

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hello,

I had several offers for the scenarios. So many thanks to the guys who made the offers.

It's good to see that we wargamers, are a very social group who tries to help each other out.

Regards,

Hapshott