Steamroller Farm Scenario

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Does anyone recall this scenario about the 51st RTR engagement at Steamroller Farm in Tunisia 1943. Briefly several troops of Churchills MkIIIs were charged with taking out a German stronghold situated on several hill-locks. The initial advance was cut short by a Stuka bomb run leaving only two two Churchills to charge up the hill. One of the Churchills stalled for some reason while the other continued on. It encountered two 88s and several Pak 75s in which the Churchill neatly took out. In addition, several Pzkw MkIIIs along with a column of supply trucks were also taken out by this lone Churchill. Needless the say that this engagement was an astonding success and vindicated the failure of the Churchill at Dieppe.

I suppose trying to simulate this in an ASL scenario would be difficult at best as just in real life it took nerves of steel to tackle those flak guns head on at 200 yards! :shock:

More details of this engagement can be found from an old issue of War Monthly #39 printed 1977.

regards

John

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One titled "Steamroller Farm" was recently added to ASL Scenario Archive. Has many of the components listed above but no Churchills, instead a whole bunch of Cromwell IVs

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
One titled "Steamroller Farm" was recently added to ASL Scenario Archive. Has many of the components listed above but no Churchills, instead a whole bunch of Cromwell IVs
Are you certain about that? The Cromwell debuted in Normandy as far as I know. Might they be Churchill IVs instead? That saw action in Tunisia.

edit: it's from the Brit PaK just released by VftT, and it is mis-entered in ASL Scenario Archive. It has Churchill IVs, not Cromwells.

JR

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Mis-entered and corrected. Available in the Brit Pack in VFTT100.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Like the works you are adding to the Archive.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went to the VFTT page and looked for the Brit Pack, but didn't see it mentioned. Did I miss it? Where can I find the pack online? Thanks in advance.