Status of Peleliu HASL

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
What are the dimensions of the whole map?

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the map is definitely gorgeous. Significant amount of work still ahead!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Here's what the final map looks like.
View attachment 24464
Despite I know that I will very likely never have the time to play this (and have thus adjusted my purchase policy accordingly), Peleliu is a HASL that I am looking forward to and which I will buy.

The map looks great, the terrain is varied and will make for may challenges. Furthermore, I always found the Peleliu action a compelling one.

On top of that, when I was an exchange student in the US long time ago, 'Paw Paw' of my host family, an old Marine, told me that he had been in no less than seven landings, one of them Peleliu. Back then, I knew nothing about Peleliu. Today, I glean, what that meant. Alas, the chance to ask 'Paw Paw' detailed questions has passed as he has died a number of years ago.

von Marwitz

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
This module is going to be epic. The beauty of the Peleliu action is that the terrain is so varied. You have the murderous beach assault, the wide-open airfield and finally the coral ridges and caves of the Umurbrogul. Any player that fancies PTO should be able to find plenty of action on this map that suits their likes.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This module is going to be epic. The beauty of the Peleliu action is that the terrain is so varied. You have the murderous beach assault, the wide-open airfield and finally the coral ridges and caves of the Umurbrogul. Any player that fancies PTO should be able to find plenty of action on this map that suits their likes.
Yes! This is my most anticipated module of any, all time.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reviewing this. Depending on how many and the depth of things we find this could be a 2023 release.
If more work is required than anticipated, probably early 2024.
Update. We are continuing to slowly progress on this. However, looks like this will be a 2024 release.

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
Glad to hear it is continuing to be worked on and is "in the pipeline". It is a large module with a lot of content, and I appreciate the amount of work it must take to produce something like this. Please keep it moving forward and let us know if we can help in any way (proofing, playtesting, etc.). - Woody

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
Hey Chas and Rick. Just checking in to see how Peleliu is coming along. Is it still looking good for a 2024 release date? Let us know how we can help!

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What are the dimensions of the whole map?
The entire map is basically 38"x70". The only time that would all come together is for the monster CG. All of the scenarios and 2 of the 3 CGs use subsets of the overall map.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just watched a DOC on it...
Seems like FTing in caves all game....not too exciting
This is one campaign that will have something for everyone. The fighting for the airfield will be more ETO-like with open terrain and armor on both sides. There will be jungle fighting on the western side of the island, and cave work up in the Umurbrogols.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Sarge has been very quiet these days (even on FB). Is he working on this module?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sarge has been very quiet these days (even on FB). Is he working on this module?
Progress continues...just super busy. No AC in our work building (and new unit won't be ready for another three weeks) and the indoor temps are over 100 degrees (112 yesterday inside). Been brutal. Evaps and fans just don't cut it. So when I get home all I wanna do is shower and crash.
Playtesting one of the last scenarios now to make it final. Going into the last half turn, Americans need to control/eliminate one more cave or acquire one more CVP to pull out a win....but it is the Japanese player's turn so no movement to get more troops into the fight. Have a couple MMC in position but do not think they will be able to clear out either cave with just small arms fire....perhaps I will get lucky with a zook shot. Best bet is if I can eliminate the wounded Japanese 9-0 in a trench atop the hill with an 8fp attack....but I suspect the wily SMC will just move into the Cave Complex out of LOS and that will be that. Scenario depicts the battle atop Romuldo Hill on Anguar Island, just south of Peleliu. This is where the 81st got their introduction to battling the Japanese prior to deploying to the Loo.
We have been concentrating on getting Mannerheim's Cross ready since it is up in the queue prior to Peleliu. Chas will provide some updates as we get closer.