Status of AdvancedSquadLeader.net

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You never did well in English Lit., did you?

a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Paul Jones died in Paris, France in 1792, and was buried there.

I'd think you'd have to pull some strings to be interred with him.

JR
I don't think I'd prefer to be at Annapolis. Never went there, and never been a naval officer, so not much interest for me to end up there in some shrine like the crypt on campus, which the plebes polish in the snow on a cold January morning around 0-dark-hundred while the upperclassmen keep them watered down for good hydration with garden hoses

;)

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you will better rest with John Paul "Jones"...not Davy...Davy's origins are shall we say more English...JPs are in the land of Wallace and hence to here...and while JP was not a Marine...he seems to have had your fighting spirit. Plus whisky is a far better ration than run...despite what a Sparrow might crow. ;)
any ration aboard a US naval ship is a good ration, even the illegitimate kind :).

True, you get 2 cans (40 oz mind you) of Foster's Lager once every 45 days at sea, and Marines aboard still get one ration of grog ever Marine Corps Birthday, by order of the President, (tradition). That's on top of the "medicinal ration" still authorized under USN regulations for immediate post-traumatic recovery of the patient. So imbibing via ration aboard USN ships( using the term lightly, in the Corps they are all 'boats'), is still around, but yes, overall, being a rating aboard HMS ships of the RN means regular rating rations.

I will say I've managed a taste or three aboard just about every USN boat I've been on.

:D

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
well, technically speaking, I'll be feeding the fishies, as it were, I opted for the burial at sea option that comes with my Marine Corps retirement. Recycle me, feed the sharks, lend a hand (or an arm or a leg). Besides, my buddies and a few of my Marines are already in Davy Jones' locker, so I shan't be alone, by any means.

;)
9861Good luck with that.