gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
Why does this NOT fill me with joy?

This is odd...

Dr. S.
You have probably seen the steady degredation of the quality of the films as time has progressed. So naturally, you think that by the time they get around to making 9, it will be so bad that it will kill off the human population. Without a population to conquer, your whole empire is useless.

But that is just a theory.

viking370

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
we can only hope that George Lucas will be resting comfortably some where when these three are in production so that they dont get f**ked up too.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by gobeavs
You have probably seen the steady degredation of the quality of the films as time has progressed. So naturally, you think that by the time they get around to making 9, it will be so bad that it will kill off the human population. Without a population to conquer, your whole empire is useless.

But that is just a theory.
Wow - you are a mind-reader!

Dr. S.

Reaction score
Originally posted by viking370
we can only hope that George Lucas will be resting comfortably some where when these three are in production so that they dont get f**ked up too.
Most of the time I would say that being financially independent from the Hollywood film making system is a plus, but in Lucas's case I think he needs someone to rein him in. A good scriptwriter wouldn't hurt either............

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Lance Williams
Most of the time I would say that being financially independent from the Hollywood film making system is a plus, but in Lucas's case I think he needs someone to rein him in. A good scriptwriter wouldn't hurt either............
When you can bilk the population out of millions of dollars (billions even?) with marketing of kids toys such as Jar Jar Binks dolls, who cares a lick about having a good script? Lucas could quite literally make a film called "Episode III" and have it be him reading the paper for 2 hours, and people would STILL go to see it. It is unfortunate that it has come to this...with so much money and talent being sent into these new movies that could have gone to other, more deserving stories and directors. My all time favorite line from Episode I is "Yipppeeee!" Just great writing!

Maybe Lucas is so hero-worshipped on his ranch that everyone is afraid to say no to him. NO we will NOT have an immaculate conception. NO we will not have chlorine beings (or whatever they call them). NO we will not have a rag doll Jar Jar for marketing purposes. NO we will not have Anakin be a whiney sissy - how can he ever be the most evil super-villain ever?

:laugh:

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not only will they go see the movie of him reading the paper for 2 hours, they will stand in line for weeks to see it!

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always said Lucas was a genius. You went out like maniacs and watched the first 3 movies; some of you a lot more than once. Than the videos came out. So you rushed out to buy them. Then came the special enhanced editions and everybody rushed back to the threatres to watch it. Then came the special edition videos...again everybody rushed out to buy them. Now came out the DVDs. We rushed out to buy them. Then came the two lame siblings. Being completeists we had to have the DVDs too.

Let's take stock.

Theatre viewings=$$$
1st Video Sales=$$
Enhanced Video Sales=$$$
DVD Sales=$$$$
Lame Siblings Theatre viewings=$
DVDs=$$

So that is a crap load of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for 5 movies. :)

Dano

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yea the acting sucked and the same with the story but just like Jurrasic Park the special effects made up for it.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by RichardS
I always said Lucas was a genius. You went out like maniacs and watched the first 3 movies; some of you a lot more than once. Than the videos came out. So you rushed out to buy them. Then came the special enhanced editions and everybody rushed back to the threatres to watch it. Then came the special edition videos...again everybody rushed out to buy them. Now came out the DVDs. We rushed out to buy them. Then came the two lame siblings. Being completeists we had to have the DVDs too.

Let's take stock.

Theatre viewings=$$$
1st Video Sales=$$
Enhanced Video Sales=$$$
DVD Sales=$$$$
Lame Siblings Theatre viewings=$
DVDs=$$

So that is a crap load of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for 5 movies. :)
Not to mention all the money from the Star Wars video games.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally, I think they need some Harrison Ford/Han Solo-type character. You know, someone who can kick a** but doesn't really give a crap. And more of Yoda and Samuel L., they're the only cool guys in the new ones. Obi Wan's alright, but I'm hoping Anakin actually grows a pair for the next movie. But, hey, I'll only see it for the special effects anyway!