Starter Kits Geomorphic Maps

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sheets of thin acetate cut as have a 1" border when placed over 1, 2 or 3 board configurations should work.
They can be rolled up for storage and just need a little scotch-type tape on the corners to hold the acetate in place.
Also helps to keep overlays from wandering. Learned the tape trick from Sam Belcher (R.I.P., Sam).

Pucksnatcher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another option for covering maps is to purchase a poster frame with removable edges. I have three or four different sizes that I have bought at Hobby Lobby in the USA. They have a thinner sheet of clear plastic than the standard plexi. Just select the size needed (probably 18x24, or 24x36) and place the maps under the clear sheet, then press the edges back into place. I have used mine over and over again for Panzer Grenadier, Combat Commader, various S&T games, etc. Best to hold until they do the 40% sale though, as it's a much better deal.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another option for covering maps is to purchase a poster frame with removable edges. I have three or four different sizes that I have bought at Hobby Lobby in the USA. They have a thinner sheet of clear plastic than the standard plexi. Just select the size needed (probably 18x24, or 24x36) and place the maps under the clear sheet, then press the edges back into place. I have used mine over and over again for Panzer Grenadier, Combat Commader, various S&T games, etc. Best to hold until they do the 40% sale though, as it's a much better deal.
I hae almost the same set up except I have the frame that you remove the back of the frame. It works very well and i do not have problems with glare and definitely wait for the sale.