Starter Kit Boards and their place in ASL

graydo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robert Wolkey said:
>I think there is somewhat of a double standard there because people can regularly call Ray Tapio a Rat and not get banned when Scott could be banned for criticizing MMP. Just aint right.

Yes, but they aren’t the topic of EVERY SINGLE one of their posts and it’s not a constant barrage. Plus, no one has started a new thread designed just to single out and bash CH, which Holst has done numerous times to MMP.

There’s a big difference between the two.
Probably because few if any people care about CH anywhere near to the degree they do about MMP, not least because they have the license.

dave

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
So, can ya "ignore" a Thread? :D

Peace

Roger

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question:

What if MMP does something I dislike, (like taking another year to get AoO out) can I criticize them here? Many would take that as a personal attack. How are the boundaries determined?

da priest

Reaction score
Loquitor said:
Question:

What if MMP does something I dislike, (like taking another year to get AoO out) can I criticize them here? Many would take that as a personal attack. How are the boundaries determined?
Silly, just go for it.

Ya post an ave. of 1-3xs per day bitchin' about it.. then we'll see.., for weeks or months on end, with a stated intent to destroy MMP, then we'll really see..get the picture? Geesh, ACLU types! :laugh:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The "personal attack" reference involves one Forum member verbally assaulting another.

As far as criticism of MMP (or any other company) is concerned, I think it's fairly obvious to most folks here what the difference is between an honest criticism of a company's practices and merely bashing for the sake of bashing.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, but what is bashing? Is bashing saying MMP is doing a lousy job of keeping promises or games in print or attacks on their products?

I mean we gotta define bashing so the lawyers among us will sleep better at night knowing that the bashing of MMP has been defined and parameters set.

Scott

Chas Argent said:
The "personal attack" reference involves one Forum member verbally assaulting another.

As far as criticism of MMP (or any other company) is concerned, I think it's fairly obvious to most folks here what the difference is between an honest criticism of a company's practices and merely bashing for the sake of bashing.

paulkenny

Reaction score
Scott dont you understand yet that what you do is unacceptable and what others do is acceptable!?

:p

D-ploy

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
OK. that's it

I'm not putting up with this any longer. Most of the bad mood on this forum centers on one person and this person is from now on on my ignore list. I am not willing to hear the same derogatory statements on MMP any longer, because they have not changed in any way since I joined this forum.
From my experience this kind of behaviour has NEVER changed anything for the better and I firmly believe that it NEVER WILL.

Bye Scott

Oliver

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George writes: "What if MMP does something I dislike, (like taking another year to get AoO out) can I criticize them here? Many would take that as a personal attack. How are the boundaries determined?"

George, there is a serious difference between criticizing MMP, or even being severely critical of MMP, and mounting a long-term, dedicated, full-fledged, no-holds-barred campaign to discredit and disrupt MMP.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi Evan, Played SP111 at Intensive fire this weekend, Great little crossover scenario, New style boards are good they laminate just as well as my unmounted set of 1-52! and I will probably buy a complete set of the new style ones , once available.
Regards
Olli

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Insert name of game here

Wow, Ive seen this thread...no wait, evolved thread, not the one Don started...a hundred times. Just insert the name of any game/genre and you've got it. Always someone who won't let it go.

On to the topic. IMHO, ASLSK is ASL, for one good reason: It brings folks into the game. For every SK sold, someone gets hooked into ASL, who wouldnt normally have done so due to a giant rulebook that costs a ton, and YOU DONT EVEN HAVE PIECES!
I used to run a games department in a local hobby store, and that was the number one comment made by perspective buyers. I would say "this is the best game out there, bar none, but its tough to learn, and oh-by-the-way, this is just the rulebook." Yes, I did supply the Paratrooper option, and yes, I did explain the learning systems in existence at the time. But the mere intimidation of the rulebook kept many from trying it. I have 3 friends who have bought the SK, who were casual players at best, and now have RBs on order. In addition, if the last few months on VASL are any indication, the SK can only be good for the game.

Old hands at ASL don't have to agree, and many don't, for whatever reason. But from purely a business standpoint, you MUST bring new blood into any venture, in order for it to thrive. Hate them if you must, but Games Workshop has an unwritten business plan: "A game under every 13 year old boys bed". They get it. So the SK has its place in ASL, because if you enjoy it, you will buy the rest, guaranteed.

I wholeheartedly agree with Don the board issue. There must be a plan, because I highly doubt making them available in future module reprints will work. In the meantime, my boards stay locked away in their protection.