Starshells E1.91

Bill Mitchell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A night scenario begins with both sides setting up on board, attacker cloaked. Rule E1.91 specifies no phases in which the initial illumination can take place. If a defender has los, within NVR, to an attacking unit, when may he begin firing starshells? It would appear he can do so in the Rally Phase, or in prep phase, even before a shot has been taken, using the second method listed in this rule. Is this correct?

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Bill Mitchell said:
A night scenario begins with both sides setting up on board, attacker cloaked. Rule E1.91 specifies no phases in which the initial illumination can take place.
No, but E1.92 and the ASOP specifies the phases, also for the initial illumination.

Bill Mitchell said:
If a defender has los, within NVR, to an attacking unit, when may he begin firing starshells? It would appear he can do so in the Rally Phase, or in prep phase, even before a shot has been taken, using the second method listed in this rule. Is this correct?
No. It is still under E1.92 and the ASOP's restrictions. So the first time the DEFENDER would be able to fire a starshell would be at the beginning of the first MPh.

There are a number of times the First starshell can be fired, whete later starshells are not allowed, but RPh or enemy PFPh are not among them. If you have downloaded my eASOP, it gets quite easy to find those opportunities by highlightning all night actions.

acolic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ole,

where do I get your eASOP? I've googled and can't find it.

Thanks

Alex

acolic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks,

I got the file but, if you go to the downloads section of MMP's web site, there is no link for the eASOP file.

Maybe it is being updated.

Alex