Starshells Attempts

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
When I do a Starshell attempt..................do I have to say which HEX is trying?

I can't figure this out by reading the rules OR any FAQ,Tutorials I have read.
The answer I want is YES............tell me which hex. More fun and verifiable because of below.
The answer I don't like is NO because then I just see a string of anonymous Starshell attempts trusting it all is handled correctly by my opponent.

I'm assuming a dummy stack cannot attempt Starshell. It is not a real unit.
So if my enemy has to identify the "hex" trying he could be giving up valuable intel. This makes the Starshell maniac think twice before Starshell attempts.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Q&A:

E1.921
When making a starshell usage dr (E1.921) does the player announce what kind of unit (Leader, MMC, etc.) is making the
attempt?
A. No.

Does the player specify which hex contains the unit that is making a starshell attempt before making the usage dr?
A. Yes, unless Hidden.

Do these answers depend on whether or not the firing unit is Cloaked/Concealed/HIP?
A. See above for when it might.

A Cloaked/HIP unit loses that status when firing a starshell. Does “firing” mean a successful usage dr, or does it include an
attempted use?
A. Successful.

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
oh man. thanks. yeah you need the Q&A to nail down the exact mechanics of this.

So those counters in VASL ...............Starshell Attempt...............can be used to register these attempts and record my intel.