Star Wars, Star Trek or...?

What's your favourite Sci-Fi program?

• Star Wars - I can't stand that Trek techno' gobbledegook.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Star Trek - I can't stand all that mystical Jedi nonsense.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Stargate SG1 - It has men with guns and everything!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babylon 5 - Although the last season was a bit of a let down.

• Doctor Who - Any Sci-Fi series that ran for 26 years can't be bad.

• Blake's 7 - The Federation troops looked sort of cool.

• Where's my favourite?

• Total voters

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
What did you think of the female Starbuck? Borderline boiler if you ask me.

I really wasn't impressed with any of the characters except Baltar. Starbuck was ...uhm....too Butch for me.

Cheers!
:toast:

:horse:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by RStory
I really wasn't impressed with any of the characters except Baltar. Starbuck was ...uhm....too Butch for me.
I agree, and I think the actress was trying too hard.

Baltar WAS great - his performance was superb. I still don't know whether he's insane or whether he really IS seeing that Cylon woman because of something she did to him. It would have been very easy to portray Baltar as completely selfish and evil, but the scene when he reveals that the lady next to him has got the "winning ticket" when he could have easily taken it from her because she didn't even know it herself, was very well done.

Dr. S.

MCranmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm still a fan of the original Battelstar Galactica. I grew up watching Star Trek, but I thought the Galactica was a much cooler looking ship, and I loved the space combat scenes, even if they did get a little repetative after a while. And the episode "Fire in Space", with the Cylon kamakazis crashing into the Galactica, was just great.

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by MCranmer
I'm still a fan of the original Battelstar Galactica. I grew up watching Star Trek, but I thought the Galactica was a much cooler looking ship, and I loved the space combat scenes, even if they did get a little repetative after a while. And the episode "Fire in Space", with the Cylon kamakazis crashing into the Galactica, was just great.
Living Legend was the best episode of all. :D

Cheers!

:armed:

Thomas McPeek

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I picked Star Wars. I was ten years old back in 1977 when the first one came out I collected the trading cards, action figures and other toys. I did however enjoy watching the original Star Trek along with Battlestar Galactica but Star Wars will always be my favorite:thumb:

RetPara

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been a SF freak ever since I read Rocket Ship Gailleo and the Time Machine series in Boys Life.

I saw the first Star Wars in Yuma Az. At the time I was S2 NCO for VMFAT-101 who trained all the F4 aircrews for the Marines. Some of the crews had seen it in CA on over night hops. Well a bunch of the pilots both instructors and trainees along with the RIO's (WhizO's to the AF types) all decided to go one week night. What could be an issue was they were going in their flight gear... a BIG no, no off base. First wife and I got there early and sat in the back. About the time lights dim in troops about 40+ fighter jocks in flight suit, G Suit/Harness, survival vests, and flight helmets. They took up the first three rows of the theater...

During the aerial battle scenes (which were based on real gun camera footage, BoB clips, and some other war movies) these guys went nuts. When the lights came up they all exited out the exits to the front of the theater. When wife and I stood up to the rear and one side of the theater was the Squadron XO and his wife. He just had his fingers to his forehead shaking his head...

:D

viking370

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Star Wars was good until george lucas decided he wanted to be the man for everything in the last movie. but i do enjoy watching tng on the couple of channels its on.

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
I watched the whole thing in one evening - but found the camera work a bit disjointed and distracting in the space battle scenes. But apart from that, it was OK.

Dr. S.

The camera work was meant to look like a documentary, as if there was a guy there trying to get the footage. I saw that in the "Making of" thing.

I voted for Stargate: SG-1. I really liked the season premier, with O'Neill and Carter getting promoted. I wonder who is going to be the fourth man for the SG-1 team...

Atlantis is looking cool. I can't wait for the premier this Friday! (But I'm going to wait anyway :) )

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by viking370
Star Wars was good until george lucas decided he wanted to be the man for everything in the last movie. but i do enjoy watching tng on the couple of channels its on.
I think George Lucas is one of the worst writers in hollywood. He might have good overall concepts and he's an okay director, but his dialogue is absolutely horrible at points.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by RichardS
It was OKAY sums it up. I'm willing to give the new series a try. :banana:

Cheers!

:horse:
yeah, what the hell happened to the new Battlestar Galactica series? Is it going to be a regular series?

My only major complaint was the lack of conveyance regarding the destruction of the ENTIRE HUMAN CIVILIZATION!! :D imho, the show and acting didn't put this across good enough for moi.

I did find it amusing how they turned the galactica into a tourist site! lol

"So say we all!"

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Patrocles
yeah, what the hell happened to the new Battlestar Galactica series? Is it going to be a regular series?

My only major complaint was the lack of conveyance regarding the destruction of the ENTIRE HUMAN CIVILIZATION!! :D imho, the show and acting didn't put this across good enough for moi.

I did find it amusing how they turned the galactica into a tourist site! lol

"So say we all!"
Slated. I think, for either December or January. Yeah; they did sorta shrug off the end of humanity didn't they? Still, I'll give it a fair chance, but my butt will be glued in front of the TV for SG1 and SG-Atlantis.