Star Wars: KotoR

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I've just found the third Star Map, underwater on Manaan. Going well so far.

I do wish they would have used the Aurora Toolset to make this, like Neverwinter Nights. I'd love to be creating Star Wars modules.

And, I just picked up Deus Ex: Invisible War from my bargain bin. I did like the first; great story, gameplay and AI was a bit off, though. I finished it by sending the world back to the Dark Ages. With the games I have on tap now, it'll be awhile before I get to this one.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
gobeavs said:
Or like Deus Ex....but QIII isn't an RPG engine as far as I know.
It has nothing to do with what engine it is. It's just what people made out of it. The engine when made for other games is primarily just a quick way to skip building all the graphical stuff yourself. The Q3 engine could just as easily be made into an RPG as most other engines (like Source was used for Vampire Bloodlines - Which is an AWESOME game - gobeavs need not apply :D, very very dark game).

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In other news, we're rapidly approaching KOTOR2 I believe. I can't wait for this game. As you play through the second game, the way you answer questions about the main character from the first game tells it which ending you picked and builds off that. So in short if during the course of the second game you speak of the main character as being evil, well then, the game assumes you picked the dark side ending. :D

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
currently a nasty dark dark jedi killing machine :)

very fun game - can;t wait to do it from the light side.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
after finishing it as fully dark side, gonna try to be a good light-user next time - will be interesting to see the different outcomes of my decisions...

btw - if you *do* go Dark side, make sure you do all the sidequests before finishing the main storyline one per place...I got locked out of Manaan, the wookie village and the sith academy for being too nasty and didn't get a chnace to go back and finish stuff :(

30+ hours as Dark side, next time as lightside, will probably be a bit shorter, but well worth the $ I spent on it.

can't wait for KOTOR2 now!

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I won't say anything Jim cos I don't know where you're up to :D

btw, other than as a diversion, was there any point to the damned pazaak game?

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
also as a side note, apart from Morrowwind, is there any good 100+hrs games out there for the PC

all the really good suck-me-in-play-until-the-sun-comes-up-shite-I'm-late-for-work games seems to pop up on the PS2 and XBOx (FF series, Fable I guess)

I want something that will keep me occupied for ages (RTSs and FPS need not apply :D )

the only games that occupy me for ages are things like EU2 and CM4 where's there's not so much of a storyline :D

B5C

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

game_genie

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kotor was a blast, I had to call into work "sick" a couple of times because of it. And with Kotor 2 coming out this week, I feel the "force" flu coming on again. :eek:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
game_genie said:
Kotor was a blast, I had to call into work "sick" a couple of times because of it. And with Kotor 2 coming out this week, I feel the "force" flu coming on again. :eek:
I am shocked! :surprise: :laugh:

Dr. S.