Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Trailer)

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, here is the teaser for Star Wars.

[video=youtube;OMOVFvcNfvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE[/video]

I've gotta say, see the Millennium Falcon again is... pretty awesome.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is Wedge going to save the day again?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And I will say that the teaser was more entertaining than the totality of Eps 1-3. :D Makes me think Abrams understands what the fans loved about SW. If it wasn't for his poor performance with the ST reboots, I would be more enthusiastic.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is Wedge going to save the day again?
No it's another guy. Folks on another forum were saying the person playing Wedge didn't want to be in this series. I personally thought it looked like the guy who found Han and Luke in Empire Strikes Back.

And I will say that the teaser was more entertaining than the totality of Eps 1-3. :D Makes me think Abrams understands what the fans loved about SW. If it wasn't for his poor performance with the ST reboots, I would be more enthusiastic.
It also might have something to do with the fact he's a fanboy of Star Wars much more so than Star Trek.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I don't know, I didn't anything in that trailer that wowed me and made me want to donate another dollar to the George Lucas retirement fund.

What I saw was a light saber with a T hilt. What is this, the crusades?

Apparently, equal opportunity has hit the ranks of the Stormtrooper legions. But aren't they clones?

Budget cuts are forcing the "rebels" to fly the same X-Wing fighters from forty years ago.

But it could have been worse. At least I didn't see an attack of muppet creatures.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/30/the-star-wars-episode-vii-trailer-if-it-were-made-by-george-lucas/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000591

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Darn it! You got that parody vid up first! :laugh: Here's the Youtube:

[video=youtube_share;v93Jh6JNBng]http://youtu.be/v93Jh6JNBng[/video]

What I saw was a light saber with a T hilt. What is this, the crusades?
Yes, please! :D

Apparently, equal opportunity has hit the ranks of the Stormtrooper legions. But aren't they clones?
I think the modus operandi of this film is going to be to basically pretend eps 1-3 NEVER happened. I completely agree. Let's just wipe that mess from our memories...and the official cannon.

Budget cuts are forcing the "rebels" to fly the same X-Wing fighters from forty years ago.
Good point!

But it could have been worse. At least I didn't see an attack of muppet creatures.
Yes! LOL! See vid.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The J. J. Abrams Director's Cut!

[video=youtube_share;pPuUiENIuPI]http://youtu.be/pPuUiENIuPI[/video]

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the modus operandi of this film is going to be to basically pretend eps 1-3 NEVER happened. I completely agree. Let's just wipe that mess from our memories...and the official cannon.
Actually, by the end of the Clone Wars the Republic was using other people as templates for the clones because the Kaminoans were stretching what little DNA was left of Jango after he was killed. Then, after Palpatine took over as emperor he abolished the clones altogether believing them to be more unreliable since they appeared to possess a fair amount of free will. He later ordered an attack on Kamino to destroy their facilities after the rebelled. So, Stormtroopers are actually regular human volunteers by the time we see them in A New Hope. In the EU (Expanded Universe), they were often depicted as the creme de la creme of the Imperial miliitary. In essance they are the airborne/marines of the Empire but are often portrayed as weekend warriors because people tend to forget the main heroes in the OT were protected by the best plot armor available. In A New Hope they storm through a small one way entry point that was heavily guarded and take the ship. In Empire Strikes Back they attack across open ground against a well dug in rebel army and overrun the base showing that they can do whatever the f*** they want. However in the last movie they lost because of cute cuddly teddy bears. I even remember wondering how the good guys were going to win that fight but they won due to stupid writing or... George Lucas (seriously, it should have gone as the battle in Avatar tbh). The more you know :cool:

Also, the black stormtrooper in the beginning is apparently a good guy possibly disguising himself in stormtrooper armor. If you want to see him act, watch Attack the Block which is a pretty decent sci-fi/horror/action flick made in England. He did pretty damned good in it.

Good point!
Or lens flare. Oh wait!

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, by the end of the Clone Wars the Republic was using other people as templates for the clones because the Kaminoans were stretching what little DNA was left of Jango after he was killed. Then, after Palpatine took over as emperor he abolished the clones altogether believing them to be more unreliable since they appeared to possess a fair amount of free will. He later ordered an attack on Kamino to destroy their facilities after the rebelled. So, Stormtroopers are actually regular human volunteers by the time we see them in A New Hope. In the EU (Expanded Universe), they were often depicted as the creme de la creme of the Imperial miliitary. In essance they are the airborne/marines of the Empire but are often portrayed as weekend warriors because people tend to forget the main heroes in the OT were protected by the best plot armor available. In A New Hope they storm through a small one way entry point that was heavily guarded and take the ship. In Empire Strikes Back they attack across open ground against a well dug in rebel army and overrun the base showing that they can do whatever the f*** they want. However in the last movie they lost because of cute cuddly teddy bears. I even remember wondering how the good guys were going to win that fight but they won due to stupid writing or... George Lucas (seriously, it should have gone as the battle in Avatar tbh). The more you know :cool:
That was some interesting backstory I was unfamiliar with. But let's be honest: do you think any of that came up during the script writing process? I think it was more likely that the writers said "F#*@ it, we're forgetting all about Eps 1-3." :D

Also, the black stormtrooper in the beginning is apparently a good guy possibly disguising himself in stormtrooper armor. If you want to see him act, watch Attack the Block which is a pretty decent sci-fi/horror/action flick made in England. He did pretty damned good in it.
Never heard of it, but I am going to check it out!

Or lens flare. Oh wait!
:D

The authority on all things Star Wars has finally...er, weighed in!

[video=youtube_share;yBEdgPFoBjY]http://youtu.be/yBEdgPFoBjY?list=UUrTNhL_yO3tPTdQ5XgmmWjA[/video]

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was some interesting backstory I was unfamiliar with. But let's be honest: do you think any of that came up during the script writing process? I think it was more likely that the writers said "F#*@ it, we're forgetting all about Eps 1-3." :D
Expanded Universe - NEVER FORGET!!

Oh and I thought you'd like this if you haven't seen it already:
[video=youtube;Cizlx6ODhuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cizlx6ODhuE[/video]

Never heard of it, but I am going to check it out!
I enjoyed it quite a bit.

:D

The authority on all things Star Wars has finally...er, weighed in!

[video=youtube_share;yBEdgPFoBjY]http://youtu.be/yBEdgPFoBjY?list=UUrTNhL_yO3tPTdQ5XgmmWjA[/video]
@ 2:04, everyone's O face!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I refuse to watch this until you guys see it and the consensus is that it's good. I grew up playing with Star Wars toys and it was horrible to see George Lucas utterly destroy the series with Return of the Jedi and the unutterably bad prequels.

If everyone says it's great, I'll think about seeing it. Maybe.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I loathe myself for having sat through episodes 1-3 and still be willing to pay good money to see a new Star Wars movie. The fact that I also hated what Abrams did with Star Trek doesn't make the shame easier to bear, but what can I do? I got programmed at 13 and I can't shake it.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh and I thought you'd like this if you haven't seen it already:

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Yeah, I saw that before. But it is a good one. My favorite are these three:

[video=youtube_share;3F1d3QWsyk0]http://youtu.be/3F1d3QWsyk0[/video]

and

[video=youtube_share;v5lDKjA_7I0]http://youtu.be/v5lDKjA_7I0[/video]

and

[video=youtube_share;WpE_xMRiCLE]http://youtu.be/WpE_xMRiCLE[/video]

:laugh:

aiabx said:
I loathe myself for having sat through episodes 1-3 and still be willing to pay good money to see a new Star Wars movie. The fact that I also hated what Abrams did with Star Trek doesn't make the shame easier to bear, but what can I do? I got programmed at 13 and I can't shake it.
I don't think you are alone in this! :eek:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah well. Enthusiasm tempered morethan slightly by having grown up. I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and hardly any SW film stands up... yet without SW there would be no GOTG.

Last edited:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I'm sorry, I'll vote "no".

1. First cut - black man. Ofcourse. No, no racist.
2. Dumb action show for kids, comming afterwards.

All in all this was a presentation of the plastic side of the Force. What do we learned from the trailer's story? Maybe a bit of a plot, maybe a brief presentation of the characters? No, all we know is - "puff-puff!", "wooooosh!", "boom!", "darkness". Almost Dostoyevsky. Please. When I watched it, I pictured this in my head - Lucas and Abrams as two hobos near the mall. Lucas drinks the last drop of a cheap booze and wants to throw the bottle, but Abrams shouts "no! Wait! There must be something more inside". And tries to lick the last bit of alcohol with his tongue. This is the fate of this poor saga. And the trespassers are walking by, disgusted. Except of the kids, because you know, "haha, hobo!", thus mistaking it for fun.

Some people are just unable to quit.

That said, I know it's only a trailer, still "I have a bad feeling about this", cause good movies have (mostly) good trailers - and bad movies have (mostly) bad trailers.

Plus this lightsaber. Is this really so hard to make normal lightsaber these days? Is this "Star Wars" or "Conan the Barbarian" with batteries?

Last edited: