Star Wars: Battlefront is out!!!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Patrocles said:
(I wonder if lucasarts is just getting greedy?).
LucasArts started getting greedy years ago - also, am I right in seeming to recall that they sacked a load of their staff recently? This might explain the rushed release - if they are desperate for cash.

Dr. S.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Doctor Sinister said:
LucasArts started getting greedy years ago - also, am I right in seeming to recall that they sacked a load of their staff recently? This might explain the rushed release - if they are desperate for cash.

Dr. S.
wow! I would not be surprised if they sacked the SWB dev team before the game was completed! I guess they thought they SW/Lucasarts name could win out over the crappy game to generate profits?! :(

suchey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The sad part is that the Star Wars name DID win out over shoddy programming...the game is in the top 5 selling games right now.

I also think it was rushed in order for it to be simultaneously released with the new DVD package.

Its a decent game at its core. It just needs to be properly fixed.

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well over on the SW:B forums the words of Suchey is repeated over and over. People are asking for the game to be patched and for the tools to mod. I agree with some of Suchey's points, but not all. I feel the AI is pertty good, better that the nuts on BF:1942 and BF:V. I do feel the game was rushed, but I am having a ball with single player.

But the SW:B fourms are HOT!!!! You can see erupting are two fights the 'pc vs console' fight and the 'love it vs disappointed' fight. So many people like us are talking and I think LucasArts is listening.

This little message came from LucasArts and posted on the Lucas Boards not to long ago(10/8/04):

We would like to thank everyone for the various discussions that have been occurring on these boards. The team has spent a great deal of time reading and noting the various improvements and changes people have requested.

We are very committed to the on-going enhancements to Star Wars Battlefront on all three platforms. Over the past two weeks we've given each platform some quick improvements to deal with immediate needs. The team has also been working on many new enhancements and additions to the various platforms. Some of the things we are working on are: adding features to the in-game server browser, additional options for Hosts, a Linux version of the dedicated server software, resolving inconsistent results on the Leaderboards and many other improvements.

We also have some bigger things planned for the game that we hope to be able to speak about soon.

Thanks again for all the constructive feedback, please keep it coming.

The Star Wars Battlefront Team
I hope they get the message and get the game right. Remember it took a while to get BF:1942 right!!!

BigMik1

Last edited: