Star Trek questions

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
mr_clark said:
I like the idea...

Sure, but you're also considered expendable. The Borg Queen wouldn't hesitate to blow up a whole Cube with thousands of drones to get rid of a few "malfunctioning" drones.

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
scuud said:
Here's a real question, why didn't the producers of the more recent series hire "star trek nerds" as "supervisers" and the nerds can just make sure that the producer doesn't get anything wrong?

Can you imagine one of those meetings?

Nerd 1: Which way are the Andorians' antenni supposed to point?

Nerd 2: I think they bend back, them bend forward.

Nerd 3: What are they even used for?

Nerd 4: The antenni are sort of a sixth sense for them, like insects.

Nerd 2: Nu-uh! They aren't used for anything! They're hollow! Remember that TOS episode where they found a transmitter in that one guy's antenna?

Nerd 1: (to Nerd 2) Don't you know anything? That guy was an Orion surgically altered by the Klingons so they could kill all those ambassadors on the Enterprise going to the peace conference!

Nerd 4: Yeah, I remember that episode. That was where Spock's father first showed up.

Nerd 3: (to 2) He he. Geek!

Nerd 1: (to 2) Dork!

Nerd 4: (to 2) Ferengi!

Nerds 1, 3, & 4: (giggle giggle)

Nerd 2: You're all Romulans! (runs out of the room crying)

Nerd 3: Can you believe that guy? Calling us Romulans! (scoff)

Nerd 1: Yeah! Let's steal his super-rare Limited Edition Battle-Damaged Enterprise model and see what he has to say then!

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm fairly certain I've seen that episode... but he called them Breen, not Romulans, and it was a B'Rel, not an Enterprise. :p

scuud

Reaction score
Bariman said:
Can you imagine one of those meetings?
That's why they only hire 1 , then that one will sign a contract saying that he is responsible for all information provided, and that one nerd can also deal with all of the "fan mail" complaining about some inaccuracy or another.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Bariman said:
Sure, but you're also considered expendable. The Borg Queen wouldn't hesitate to blow up a whole Cube with thousands of drones to get rid of a few "malfunctioning" drones.
While back I read an Article in the Star Treck Magazine about that... The generall Idea was that the Borg are all interlinked in the continuum and therefore it is easy to pass all decisions by vote (simple majority)--> In small scale on small decisions on a Cube or on larger scale througout the contunuum.
Additionally the Borg Queen is of course no Queen like we understand it but a kind of Viewpoint Character for all the stupid races in space that don't understand the "collective idea".