Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Indefinitely

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So...does anything more need to be said?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/10/10/star-citizens-squadron-42-single-player-campaign-delayed-indefinitely/#3d0487d32e0d

"Squadron 42, the single player campaign for upcoming space MMO Star Citizen, has been delayed indefinitely.

"Chris Roberts and Cloud Imperium Games made the delay announcement during a livestream, stating that while a lot of the basics were complete, a great deal more had to be done. This includes in-progress development on things like pathfinding logic, enhanced flight AI, and the mission integration system.

"The campaign’s 28 missions are simply not done yet, according to Roberts, with some still at the grey-box level. The developer has been notoriously quiet about a release date—up until now, while very little from the campaign had been shown, CIG had still not pushed back the 2016 release window.

"2017 is now the target, but I won’t be holding my breath until a great deal more of Squadron 42 is on the table."

As a space game junkie, I would love for Star Citizen to become reality. But I have my doubts we will ever see what we all hoped we would be playing by now. Hopefully I am wrong.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Have a little faith baby, look at how much SC developed from its crowd funding, this is just a single player glitch, let them sort out the MP version and universe, once that is done SP SC will I am sure be out there, but remember, SC was designed as a Multi person universe, so I am not surprised the SP version is being allowed to drop off for the time being.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have a little faith baby, look at how much SC developed from its crowd funding, this is just a single player glitch, let them sort out the MP version and universe, once that is done SP SC will I am sure be out there, but remember, SC was designed as a Multi person universe, so I am not surprised the SP version is being allowed to drop off for the time being.
I hope you are right, Proff. :) The only thing that concerns me is that I heard that they were slowing work on the main Star Citizen MP game to focus on the SP S42 as a type of proof of concept for the larger MP game. Now the SP game is delayed as well. Both games at this point are two years behind schedule. I didn't invest in this game so I don't have a dog in the hunt. I am just hoping like heck that when all is said and done we have something that truly reflects the vision and the budget of this project.

Time will tell, I guess.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I hope you are right, Proff. :) The only thing that concerns me is that I heard that they were slowing work on the main Star Citizen MP game to focus on the SP S42 as a type of proof of concept for the larger MP game. Now the SP game is delayed as well. Both games at this point are two years behind schedule. I didn't invest in this game so I don't have a dog in the hunt. I am just hoping like heck that when all is said and done we have something that truly reflects the vision and the budget of this project.

Time will tell, I guess.
I only got the basic pack, so if it piles in I am ok with that, although Im want this game to succeed.