Stalker is NOT Dead...Again!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am really - REALLY! - tired of having to change the title of this thread! :laugh:

Anyway, Stalker lives!!!!!! :clap:

Skyrim dev receives rights for new STALKER title, featuring Bethesda tech

The insanely talented studio behind the massive 2011 RPG hit title, Skyrim, as well as other Elder Scrolls games, has seemingly received the rights to publish a new installment to the popular STALKER series. According to a post by the GSC Game World studio head, Sergei Grigorovich, “Bethesda (the team behind Skyrim) is going to publish a STALKER game and has all the rights to it.”

Following this statement, it was also revealed that the STALKER game that Bethesda will publish is going to be a multiplatform title and will be based on Bethesda's technology. It seems that the exact development team under Bethesda has not yet been confirmed, but will possibly be Obsidian or the Fallout 3 development team from Bethesda.
This is potentially better news than if the original studio continued to work on the franchise. Bethesda has deep pockets, so they could really do the franchise justice! I mean, just imagine Stalker set in the type of massive, open environment like Skyrim!

Great news!

:coolban::broccoli::redapple::bandrum:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
"Get out of here, Stalker!

PRESS LT TO GET OUT OF HERE"

Last edited:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
LOL! :laugh:

But seeing what they did with Skyrim, I am happy. Doubly-so if Steam Works is again part of the package!
As long as I will have to kill people to take their food and rob unburied bodies for vodka, I am satisfied with the game ;)

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So with all this Stalker talk, I found my original game and gonna reinstall. But I never got Clear Sky or Call of Pripyat. Which one would be the better choice?

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
So with all this Stalker talk, I found my original game and gonna reinstall. But I never got Clear Sky or Call of Pripyat. Which one would be the better choice?
Simple. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow Of Clear Pripyat ;)

But if you have to decide, Go for Shadow of Chernobyl, or Call of Pripyat, IMHO.

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thx, for now I installed Shadow of Chernobyl and got a free mod; Stalker Complete 2009. It's suppose to upgrade and use newer stuff on the comp.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Thx, for now I installed Shadow of Chernobyl and got a free mod; Stalker Complete 2009. It's suppose to upgrade and use newer stuff on the comp.
It does, looks like Call Of Cthulhu... ahem, Pripyat, with this mod.