St. Nazaire: Operation Chariot counters

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Here's a direct comparison. Apologies for the quality of the second scan. I opened my archive copy of the module, but left the sheet in its cellophane sleeve. The red lines are nevertheless visible on the front of the counters.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, that's the ticket. And assuming the back is misaligned, those red outlines end up everywhere. Does the front "paper" extend off one edge of the core as if it was misapplied? And you can also see how uneven the die cutting is.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Does the front "paper" extend off one edge of the core as if it was misapplied?
Yes, the top sheet of paper appears to extend about an 1/8" off the right side of the counter sheet.

And you can also see how uneven the die cutting is.
The worst offenders are the counters 2-3 rows in from the centre--the KM crews and 8-1/8-0 leaders below them. But in fairness, these same counters look a little "wobbly" on the first printing. Looks to me that the blades of the die have been warped with use, possibly due to the density of the counter sheet.

I can see why the red lines would be distracting, especially if grossly misaligned on the backs of the lighter-coloured counters. (The "u" is for Andy.) :)

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I want to publicly thank Justiciar for offering to send me a spare set of counters from his collection to replace my defective set. This is the kind of community that is GameSquad at its finest. It almost makes the incessant arguments over fire tables, precision dice and certain TPPs worth it. ;)

Thanks again Andy, may all your games be exciting and fun. Happy New Year everyone.